Cup Holder's for C-Bodies

Meet my new cup holder....

screenshot20121001at406.png

This is what I did for my truck, the nice thing is that I used a screw that was already there for the transmission access cover.
2015-10-23.jpg

Simple, does the job.

A friend of mine that has a CHP Diplomat made a box that sits on his seat that has a regular car radio with speaker and cup holders with a pad on top, I'll probably be doing the dame for my CHP car when its done.

Alan

2015-10-23.jpg

i just keep my beer between my legs. doesnt last that long anyway. my biggest problem is how close can i keep my cooler so it is within easy reach. that should be the question here.

I could never relate to These kinds of creature comforts. The gas tank Needs a refill before you die from thirst. It's not like you're on a Mission to Mars. ;)

300 console side.jpg
I was planning on cup holders on the front of this but as it turned out the top of the hump was only an inch below.
But it was worth it for the 2 extra cig lighters
300 console lit.jpg

300 console side.jpg

300 console lit.jpg

I could never relate to These kinds of creature comforts. The gas tank Needs a refill before you die from thirst. It's not like you're on a Mission to Mars. ;)
You obviously do not understand that coffee replaced all my precious bodily fluids 30 years ago. It's now a matter of survival. :D

And I thought a can of STP a day kept you running. ;)

View attachment 62787
I was planning on cup holders on the front of this but as it turned out the top of the hump was only an inch below.
But it was worth it for the 2 extra cig lighters
View attachment 62788

This is a wonderful piece of wood working. I was thinking of making something very much like that with the radio, gauges, speakers and cup holders. I may try to include something that holds a few cds too. It will be a winter project so I haven't even started to think about how it is going to go together yet. That looks like the dash of a 67, correct?

Thanks, mines a 68 but I think they are nearly the same. I'm, lucky enough to have a neighbor that knows what he's doing. I fix his truck and he helps me with my wood projects. Including my '54 trailer.
I bought some stainless cup holders off ebay. Poker table cups? But they were a bit too deep. I had to have a radio and there's no way I was going to butcher that beautiful dash. Funny, but I haven't use a CD yet as the radio has a USB slot for a thumb drive that has like a zillion MP3 albums on it. I managed to figure out how to dim the lights on the thing too. Way too bright. I may just build an upholstered armrest to lay on the bench seat with a cup holder. Legendary wants a fortune for a 1/2 yard of Chrysler vinyl. But at least they have it!

Back