NOT MINE Dark Gold Newport 2dr in Rhode Island

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This 1971 GY9 Chrysler looks like a Newport Royal to me (cue the side trim and the signal repeaters, unique to the Royal model). It is for sale in Barrington, RI:

"1971 Chrysler Newport 2-door Coupe. Rust-free California Survivor, underneath it looks like it just left the new car dealer’s showroom. Same model & year as in the movie ‘Joy Ride’ with Paul Walker"

The asking price is $8.9k. We have seen this car before -- it was for sale (with the same number plates) back in 2018-2019, starting at $12k ask before going down to $8.9k:

The car looks like it got dirty in the meantime. Still no pics of the interior or engine bay, let alone the fender tag.

00K0K_cnk0h1cLwbuz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00O0O_daCh6Zzu9Rxz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01515_dcP6b7nibKZz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01111_gptw9qiGWa9z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00m0m_PJxB0eTx99z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00X0X_aTWwNCPtX9qz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01717_KnyMm0oM30z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully somebody will get some quality pics of this car and post them. If its as good as claimed It would be nice to see.

A dealer purchased the car from the original owners. Then flipped it.
Says the dealer might have got it from a charity from the original owners.
Went to RI and is still there.
Titled, well, registered in RI.
Has original cali title.
Ran good until the "carburetor wore out".
Wish it was closer to me as I would love to have a two door.
Color sucks, but i bet it would shine up enough for a driver.

In light of the story told to @cuda hunter , my guess is that those who expressed interest in the first thread (back in 2018-2019) but complained about the car's initial asking price could have gotten this car for a mere $4-5k, which (regardless of whether the engine is stuck, as long as the car is as solid as it looks) could have been a screaming deal for a 2dr '71 Chrysler BB (without vinyl top, no less!).

Once again, this example suggests that deals seemingly too good to be true or too bad to be worth a call should in fact not be dismissed out of hand -- making the effort of reaching out and being patient can pay.

Last edited:
=

Once again, this example suggests that deals seemingly too good to be true or too bad to be worth a call should in fact not be dismissed out of hand -- making the effort of reaching out and being patient can pay.

Exactly. One of my first lessons on C bodies. I should have called about that blue sport fury gt that had the terrible descriptions, bad one picture and over priced. I would own a GT right now. GT's are the whole reason I even began my sophisticated taste of the C .

Exactly. One of my first lessons on C bodies. I should have called about that blue sport fury gt that had the terrible descriptions, bad one picture and over priced. I would own a GT right now. GT's are the whole reason I even began my sophisticated taste of the C .
Which GT was that?

Same. There was a certain U code 300 'vert I missed becasue it was posted in the Craigslist Moron thread with one blurry photo of a photo. Right @ayilar? :poke:

Back to the OP, I really like this one and think it is worth the $8900. It's about 6 hours from me, but I'd also have to get rid of the TX9 300 coupe presently taking up driveway space.

For $8900 there should be some decent pictures. (And it should run and drive)
That looks to be a rental trailer so the pics are probably from when they drug it home.

It's worth the foot work if you are close but difficult if you are not.
I am a contender in the waste of time Olympics when it comes to looking at cars I did not buy. But I have gotten most of my cars that way.

I say, if you are two hours away, put 6500 in your pocket and go check it out. Cali car may have a cooked interior. Other than that it sounds pretty promising.

Back