DASH IS READY....AGAIN

polarus

Reaction score
new dash pad 001.JPG
new dash pad 002.JPG
new dash pad 003.JPG
new dash pad 004.JPG
Second time is a charm, got the pad from ABCmoparts. Pad looks great, some fitment problems. I had a gap between the pad and frame along the passenger side so I added material then a nip here and a tuck there. I'm just waiting for good weather to install it.

View attachment 121195 View attachment 121196 View attachment 121197 View attachment 121198 Second time is a charm, got the pad from ABCmoparts. Pad looks great, some fitment problems. I had a gap between the pad and frame along the passenger side so I added material then a nip here and a tuck there. I'm just waiting for good weather to install it.
It looks great!

I also have an ABC Motorparts dash - sent mine to Bob last year - I think he may have used yours and mine (and some other members) as options for molds and then I just got mine back in dark green. It looks great. He used a much thicker plastic than the stock. I am looking forward to getting the car back from the body and mech shop and to reinstall. Is it worth trying to put dash and speedo in with lower dash in place still?

I took the dash pad off and left the bottom of the dash in.

I restored the speedometer cosmetically - is there any thing you test before install if so - how? Such as the fuel sender and other capacitors.
How difficult is it to take the rest of the dash and the harness out of the vehicle?

It that a better way to go than trying to resinstall with base and steering wheel in place?

Last edited:
View attachment 121195 View attachment 121196 View attachment 121197 View attachment 121198 Second time is a charm, got the pad from ABCmoparts. Pad looks great, some fitment problems. I had a gap between the pad and frame along the passenger side so I added material then a nip here and a tuck there. I'm just waiting for good weather to install it.
Could you kindly take several pictures of the back so I can use it as a guide when reassembling mine!!

The wires leading to back of dash board in particular - THANKS

Thanks

Ken

Last edited:
Could you kindly take several pictures of the back so I can use it as a guide when reassembling mine!!

The wires leading to back of dash board in particular - THANKS

Thanks

Ken
Hi Ken, I installed the gauge cluster first and installed the pad around it. I had remove and modify the pad several times to get the best fit. Best to have somebody to help. I'll post some photos later, stay tuned.

That looks pretty awesome. Really liking that oil pressure gauge! Is that a new gauge cluster insert?

Dave
Hi Dave, yep bezel, gauges, speedo, are NOS. (Lets hope they work.) I'll test them before installing.

Gorgeous and frightening, at the same time. Black seems to be the color of choice, I noticed that was what Murray Parks offered, will have to see if ABC Moparts have other colors. Would actually prefer black, but trying to keep the stock look.

Gorgeous and frightening, at the same time. Black seems to be the color of choice, I noticed that was what Murray Parks offered, will have to see if ABC Moparts have other colors. Would actually prefer black, but trying to keep the stock look.
Talk to Bob Baker at ABCMOPARTS they do other colors.

Tom

This is very helpful!!
I think I will remove the lower portion of the dash and pull it out to put the dash pad and gauges as you did then reinstall the entire unit.

Questions if I may -
1. Do you need to remove the steering column to remove dash lower portion?
2. Is the main plug hard to remove - any tips?
3. Is there a electrical lubricant that is safe on plastic you are using?
4. I think I see black caulk in the background - are you using anything to reduce future squeaks - such as locktite or caulking, etc.
5. Any tips on testing dash before final install?

THANKS

This is an extremely serious matter. Well done.

Looks great. Like brand new. Is that oil pressure gage a factory part? Or was that something you custom made? I think i have only seen clocks and blanking plates in that spot.

Did you use LEDs for lighting so you never have to take it back apart for bad bulbs?

Last edited:
Back