SOLD Dash light problem 1965 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob147

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 1965 Chrsler 300. The problem is no dash lights. I have tracked it down to some kind of resitor or switch that is located behind the alternator gauge. It has a multi wire plug that goes into it in addition to a few other wires. Can anybody point me in the right direction to what this part is also is there a way of replacing it without pulling the cluster?

Thanks
Jacob

What Big John is saying is that it's probably your dash light dimmer switch and he has also very generously given you a free digital copy of your factory service manual.

Just so I am clear, the dash light dimmer is what is located behind the ampmeter gauge? Do I have the pull the whole cluster or is it possible to take it out in place?
Thanks for the manual.
Jacob

I think he might be trying to tellus the voltage limiter is bad. Do you have a picture of what you believe to be bad.
He might be referring to the limiter, but that doesn't control the dash lights. I figured he was referring to the rheostat that adjusts the lights.

So... Let's ask this question...... Did you try turning the dash light dimmer up and down?? They get a little dirty and worn, but you can usually get them to at least light the dash lights intermittently.

This is what the limiter looks like.

533f5acf1063c_95731b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back