Dash mounted remote mirror control removal

Totally 80's

Reaction score
I have the mirror loose and ready to remove from my 77 T&C. I have the black ring for the controller off, but I can’t figure out how to remove the controller.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really don’t want to break it.

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Might need to go into the parts book section of www.mymopar.com to look at the illustrations of the instrument panel and how the remote control cable methanism attaches to the panel itself. Pictures of what you have and have done might help us understand better what your issues might be.

Take care,
CBODY67

In the 1974 Chrysler parts book, find Illustration 23-84. It details the rh mirror door moiunting and where the cable end is attached to the instrument panel.

I suspect that the '74 and '77 vehicles are close enough in design/construction that the particular '74 illustration will work.

CBODY67

Thanks for the help, I saw the picture in my parts book and went out to take a closer look. The dash pad was blocking it, so with the pad removed, it was easy. I thought removing the pad would have been harder than it was. I have to swap out the heater core, so I guess now is as good a time as any to deal with that!

Thanks again,

Aaron

Take a pic w/ a full on view as shown in these pics. These photos are from a 1974 Chrysler New Yorker. Remove the dash pad, it will aid in in removal. First mark each cable w/ a paint pen as seen in the photos. If you have a cell take pics as you do this. Take a zip tie to the lever assemb to aid in cable removal as shown Note the orientation of the paint marks to the lever assemb. this will relieve the preload on the cables and aid in there removal. With the dash pad removed the right side mirror cables. Remove the right sidekick panel to aid in removal.

20190202_134208.jpg

20190202_134614.jpg

20190202_134640.jpg

20190202_135506.jpg

20190202_135519.jpg

Take a pic w/ a full on view as shown in these pics. These photos are from a 1974 Chrysler New Yorker. Remove the dash pad, it will aid in in removal. First mark each cable w/ a paint pen as seen in the photos. If you have a cell take pics as you do this. Take a zip tie to the lever assemb to aid in cable removal as shown Note the orientation of the paint marks to the lever assemb. this will relieve the preload on the cables and aid in there removal. With the dash pad removed the right side mirror cables. Remove the right sidekick panel to aid in removal.

View attachment 413250

View attachment 413251

View attachment 413252

View attachment 413253

View attachment 413254

20190202_134200 - Copy.jpg

Back