Daytona Turkey Run and Swap Meet

rapidtrans

Reaction score
Anyone here going to the show this thanksgiving? I used to drive over from Longboat Key and back in a day. Last time i went the infield was filled with show cars, new and used parts vendors and a big car coral. Had to stay overnight last few times to see everything.
First day off since Carlisle and i figure i'm due for a break.

A huge and interesting show. Swap is not to Mopar friendly. big car corral.
I went more for the cruising on A1A in the evenings, until it got so crowded that it became gridlock. Haven't been back in a couple years now. Garlits has replaced it for me.

I should be there for a day... Haven't worked out any of the details so far. I found the swap to mostly be like a search on EB, lots of new crap that doesn't belong on any car with the occasional seller that has stuff, but nothing you want or too much $$. If I was shopping for a chevy it might have been different.

As to the cruise and A1A... there is lots going on I will miss... but I will enjoy enough traffic sneaking up past New Smyrna Speedway...

If there is a turnout from the membership, I will let that dictate when I go up.

I'm there for the week and staying on the beach. I forgot about the car cruise and got an ocean view room. duh!
Previous trips i was looking for rare used GTO parts and had success. Had better luck than the GM Carlisle shows which were lacking of GTOs.

Back