Decisions Decisions

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Finally had time to mess with the 70 300 convertable I picked up last month. Got it running, driving, steering and stopping. My goal was to at least get it yard driving. It ran so well the only thing stopping me from taking it out on the road was the coffee can gas tank under the hood.
Now I have to decide restore, just make it a nice driver or sell it. Don't think I'll sell it since I sold it 5 years ago and regreted it enough to buy it back. Here's pictures of how it sits today.
20180421_154823.jpg
20180421_155454.jpg
20180421_155511.jpg
20180421_155523.jpg
20180421_155532.jpg
20180421_155550.jpg
20180421_155638.jpg
20180421_155649.jpg
20180421_155655.jpg

Obviously you like it so make it an on going project. Fix it to drive now and then tackle a major project every "down season", when ever that is in AZ.

Obviously you like it so make it an on going project. Fix it to drive now and then tackle a major project every "down season", when ever that is in AZ.
There is no real down season here. Maybe in July and August you'll only go cursing at night to avoid the heat but you can still cruise!

I say restore it Chris. I like white convertibles, especially when they have road wheels with the correct center caps, white wall tires all around and the factory dual brown pinstripes down the side, after you get done painting it superbly like you do..

As with any project, and this will be a GREAT one, get the mechanicals done first so you can reliably drive and enjoy it. You can probably find some colored duct tape for the rips in the seat vinyl, temporarily. Looks like the interior needs a good cleaning, plus the new top. Do the exterior paint last. Could be a good medium-term activity.

Those were beautiful cars and your's can be that way again, too! Keep it covered or garaged and do what you can when you can.

What's changed since you sold it? Just curious.

CBODY67

I would definitely keep it, and use it as a driver if nothing else.

Yes it is. Sticky but uncracked.
What do you use to get that sticky crap off of dash pads, arm rest pads, and such, that won't damage the vinyl?

This car is well worth restoring. Rust free bodies are always a good place to start. Replace the gas tank, go thru the brakes, service the engine, transmission and rear end. I guessing most of the rubber bushings are probably toast as this looks like a hot climate car. Once you have those items done, you can evaluate how much farther you want to go. Drive it for a while, summer time is coming so you can get by for now with the top down and the car covered when not in use.

Dave

I'm a little partial to 300 verts, so I'm going to say that you need to do something good with the car. Looking at it, it's got some nice options, tilt wheel, A/C, power windows etc. The hard to find stuff, like the wheel well and lower trim is there. It's a solid car, based on the pics so you aren't fighting severe rust. Seat covers are available from Legendary so that's easy.

It breaks down to time and money.... You have an advantage that you can handle the bodywork and paint. The question is if you want to spend the time and money.

Mine. Note top color... Don't lock yourself in to the stock white or black.
DMZVvIC.jpg

I'm a little partial to 300 verts, so I'm going to say that you need to do something good with the car. Looking at it, it's got some nice options, tilt wheel, A/C, power windows etc. The hard to find stuff, like the wheel well and lower trim is there. It's a solid car, based on the pics so you aren't fighting severe rust. Seat covers are available from Legendary so that's easy.

It breaks down to time and money.... You have an advantage that you can handle the bodywork and paint. The question is if you want to spend the time and money.

Mine. Note top color... Don't lock yourself in to the stock white or black.
View attachment 180789

I do like that tan top on yours John. With the tan interior it would look good. Something to consider.

I'd suggest you make it road worthy then tinker with it when you get the urge to wrench. Don't turn it into a "job", you're done with that crap!

Back