Deck Lid Lettering

KG64

Reaction score
I have a 1964 Chrysler Newport and I am missing the "L" on the trunk. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find an "L"?

When the cars were new, individual letters could be obtained from Chrysler Parts. In a "salvage yard world", you might need to get the complete deck lid to get that one letter, unfortunately. There might be some NOS vendors in here that would sell or might have that ONE letter, though. If somebody might have a complete set, that's how they'd sell it, as a set.

Take care,
CBODY67

I have a 1964 Chrysler Newport and I am missing the "L" on the trunk. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find an "L"?
Best thing you can do is to download a parts manual and figure out the part number. From there, you can do some searches with that part number.

Get a parts manual here: MyMopar or jholst.net Chrysler 300K Home Page The "MyMopar" versions sometimes are missing illustrations and that's why I give a good alternative.

I was looking for something else and checked your part number, which is 2423509 and just for chuckles, I searched and found a couple.... NOS MOPAR 2423509 Trunk Letter "L" Fits 63 Chrysler 300 Models | eBay

and Mopar NOS Deck Lid Letters "Y" & "L" 63 Chrysler 300, 64 Chrysler Newport | eBay and NOS Mopar Inventory Listing - Len Dawson's Deception Pass Motor Parts - NOS Mopar

Not cheap, but there is some out there.
That is excellent information. Like you said, a bit expensive but better than having the trunk lid look like it's missing a tooth. Thanks much!

Have you tried a Parts wanted thread here?

Back