decode a certicard

slappo

Reaction score
So couple weeks ago I picked up a 1966 Fury, 2 door. While I was looking against the core support I found the "Certicard". I think I decoded the VIN using "Plymouth service manual 1966" : P-Plymouth / P-Premium / 23-DR. Hardtop / E-361 engine / 6-1966 / 2 Assembly plant Hamtramck. Any idea where I could find a resource to decode this? Thanks

certicard.jpg

P4Y interior trim code: Gold vinyl bench seat
ZZ1 exterior paint code gold roof and body
T5 automatic trans
SA standard axle
1213 Scheduled build date

The Certicard was used for vehicle warranty administration. When the vehicle repair order was written, the Certicard could be run through an imprint printer (think credit card machine from back then, which used carbon-type paper to leave the imprint of the items on the card, printed with a Dymo label maker sort of machine) so that the VIN was recorded correctly and the owner's name was there, too. No more, no less. Chrysler placed them in the dedicated pocket on the back of the core support by the battery. GM did their's on a particular rear page of the owner's manual. Chrysler had the better idea in this case.

IF you found the VIN decode in the Factory Service Manual, there might be some additional information in the 1966 Chrysler Parts Book (free download at www.mymopar.com). Much of the Data Plate decodes can be in the front pages of the parts book, too. For factory sales and trim order guides, with the sales Order Guide providing option code decodes and similar things related to the vehicle, www.hamtramck-historical.com is the place to go to find these things in the "Library" section.

In the Dealer Order Guide, there are also many specs for the vehicle listed, too.

Enjoy the discovery! And welcome!
CBODY67

E = 318. F is 361 in 1966. The FSMs for 1966 for both Dodge and Plymouth are incorrect as printed. A correction supplement appeared about mid-model year.

E = 318. F is 361 in 1966. The FSMs for 1966 for both Dodge and Plymouth are incorrect as printed. A correction supplement appeared about mid-model year.
thanks for the info because I was losing my mind because my motor didn't look like a 361. Was trying to figure out what I had

engine.jpg

So couple weeks ago I picked up a 1966 Fury, 2 door. While I was looking against the core support I found the "Certicard". I think I decoded the VIN using "Plymouth service manual 1966" : P-Plymouth / P-Premium / 23-DR. Hardtop / E-361 engine / 6-1966 / 2 Assembly plant Hamtramck. Any idea where I could find a resource to decode this? Thanks

View attachment 617511
PP means it's a Sport Fury too.

Back