FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Stolen Classic American Cars Turn Up as Junk Racers, Get Destroyed

1660049797684.png

1660049824163.png

1660049934170.png

1660049845582.png

1660050019413.png

Grand Larceny for a frickin' demo derby. Lock them up.

I like this comment;
"The track has since implemented a new policy requiring all competitors to provide proof of ownership before being able to race, presumably so something like this won't happen again. That being said, it doesn't really matter. The August 7 event in question was the facility's last-ever event, with plans to turn the grounds into a retirement village."

I think all tracks should ask for ownership. Even if the title says "unfit" or "salvage" and the VIN stays intact prior to the event.
To me it is stupid to steal a car for demo derby. Around here the scrapyards can give you a car as long as it gets returned and a plug for them at the derby by putting them on the car as a sponsor..
After all. The title is in THEIR name!

Last edited:
I like this comment;
"The track has since implemented a new policy requiring all competitors to provide proof of ownership before being able to race, presumably so something like this won't happen again. That being said, it doesn't really matter. The August 7 event in question was the facility's last-ever event, with plans to turn the grounds into a retirement village."

I think all tracks should ask for ownership. Even if the title says "unfit" or "salvage" and the VIN stays intact prior to the event.
To me it is stupid to steal a car for demo derby. Around here the scrapyards can give you a car as long as it gets returned and a plug for them at the derby by putting them on the car as a sponsor..
After all. The title is in THEIR name!
The events that I participated in in the late 80’s and lastly in 1997, required proof of title or a junk slip.

I don't think they require any proof of ownership here in Minnesota, the derby guy I've bought parts from runs a lot of cars that have no title to them.

I reluctantly went to the infamous pine city,mn derby where they featured and all imperial class. Watched about 20 imperials. Most were ran a few times but I was still cringing a bit. There were two 57-59 imperials that just folded like a pop cans. The 65-66 seemed to be the best but a 67-68 4 dr sedan ended up winning it.

Pretty flagrant, I hope they were arrested and charged. Unfortunately demo has been destroying great old cars forever, that's why it's so hard to find good station wagons out there...

Pretty flagrant, I hope they were arrested and charged. Unfortunately demo has been destroying great old cars forever, that's why it's so hard to find good station wagons out there...
And the sad part is that station wagons fold at the rear axle. Not the best weapon for demo derbies.

Back