Did you save your ticket stub?

DCMC

Reaction score
Some of mine, good times.

20221216_201640.jpg

This thread really brings back some memories! When I was young (mid 70's) I used to book bands into local clubs, roller rinks, hockey arenas, gymnasiums etc in order to make a buck. Along the way I got to meet a lot of people in the music business and a LOT of the up and coming bands. I was also a concert freak, and probably went to 25 or 30 a year. I wish I was smart enough to keep my tickets and my concert shirts and programs! In your group above I saw Journey, Styx, Doobie Bros, EWF, Heart ( I booked them numerous times, they played at my Grad!) Van Halen, Rod Stewart, Charlie Daniels, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Blue Oyster Cult and Aerosmith multiple times. Also ELO, April Wine, U2, Pink Floyd (x 4), Wings, the Stones, Zeppelin, the Who, ACDC (x 3) , INXS, Uriah Heep (holy ****) (Easy Living!), the Tubes (White Punks on Dope, geez) as well as SuperTramp (the best) America, J Geils, the Eagles and the Clash.

ok I gotta stop as I keep remembering things I probably forgot about for 40 years, good times, the concert scene is so fu%@#$d up right now I can't begin.

C Shaft

This thread really brings back some memories! When I was young (mid 70's) I used to book bands into local clubs, roller rinks, hockey arenas, gymnasiums etc in order to make a buck. Along the way I got to meet a lot of people in the music business and a LOT of the up and coming bands. I was also a concert freak, and probably went to 25 or 30 a year. I wish I was smart enough to keep my tickets and my concert shirts and programs! In your group above I saw Journey, Styx, Doobie Bros, EWF, Heart ( I booked them numerous times, they played at my Grad!) Van Halen, Rod Stewart, Charlie Daniels, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Blue Oyster Cult and Aerosmith multiple times. Also ELO, April Wine, U2, Pink Floyd (x 4), Wings, the Stones, Zeppelin, the Who, ACDC (x 3) , INXS, Uriah Heep (holy ****) (Easy Living!), the Tubes (White Punks on Dope, geez) as well as SuperTramp (the best) America, J Geils, the Eagles and the Clash.

ok I gotta stop as I keep remembering things I probably forgot about for 40 years, good times, the concert scene is so fu%@#$d up right now I can't begin.

C Shaft

I don't have all of mine either...Some of the missing would include:

Edgar Winter (only come out at night tour) with James Gang and Dr. Hook
BTO/Styx/Trooper
Megadeath/Slayer/???
Journey/Cheap Trick/Eddie Money
Kim Simmons from Savoy Brown(RIP)/Mountain/Iron Butterfly/Mark Farner solo
Ritchie Blackmore solo (Maybe it was billed as a Rainbow...I don't remember)
Vanilla Fudge 20th anniversary tour (1987?)
iron Butterfly 20th anniversary tour (1988)
Grand Funk 20th anniversary tour (1989)

There's a reason I have hearing aids

Does giving comp seats to the second tour, first rock show you toured with count? My roomate saved this for all these years. Tast of Chicago il an annual event , in my home town

16714279052308369695129898770125.jpg

That's outstanding. Being a Canadian band, fairly stout and the off shoot of legends the Guess Who, we called them Bachman Turner Overweight. Trooper was bubble gum, (General Hand Grenade? Really?) Saw Deep Purple, Cheap Trick, Rush, (not so much) Pablo Cruise, the Little River Band, (outstanding!) Fleetwood Mac, Ian Thomas, (Still here!). Dire Straights, (Mark Knopfler is still the best guitarist ever IMHO). Blue Rodeo, the best Canadian Band ever was the Tragically Hip, Stevie Rae Vaughn at Expo 86 in Vancouver was easily the loudest concert ever, my ears rang for a week.
I Met Bryan Adams when he was about 17, he was a substitute for the sick lead singer of a band I had booked. I had sold over 200 tickets, the fan's were not impressed and did a bunch of damage to the venue. I lost my shirt on that one! Lots of great memories though. C Shaft.

Sorry about all the northern influences, but we did go through some Southern phases at one time. Charlie Daniels, Stevie Rae, Lynerd Skynerd, REO Speedwagon, the Outlaws (Green Grass and High Tides, love it) ZZ Top, missed the Kentucky Headhunters, damn it, Too young to see Black Oak Arkansas (Go Jim Dandy, Go!!) bud did get to see the best of the best: Asleep at the Wheel, (Big Balls in Cowtown!) Got my mind going here! Love it! C Shaft

Back