Disk Brake conversion 1968 Town and Country

If your car doesn't currently have power brakes, you will need to change the brake pedal too if you want power brakes.

If you want to keep manual brakes you need a disc master with the smallest piston you can lay your hands on. 15/16" would provide adequate pressure with reasonable pedal effort. I'm not sure how small you can get in a 4 bolt master cylinder but if you get the 4 bolt to 2 bolt adapter, I believe the mini van version is available in 7/8".

Kevin

That just made things more complicated. The manual brakes have the master cylinder mounted slightly higher relative to the pivot point on the pedal to gain more leverage and they also use a smaller diameter master cylinder to gain more pressure to the braking system. If you plan to go to a power booster, you will need to find a '68 power brake pedal assembly and the firewall mounting plate. I do not think it will stop very well trying to set up a non-boosted disc system because the operating pressures are a good deal higher than with standard drum brakes.

Dave

Back