Distraction can be deadly

As far as I know poutine originated in Quebec. Their gift to the rest of Canada. A fat/carb bomb but excellent with a Guiness on a cold winter night sitting in a warm pub.

Went to my local dive for lunch today. I had their new menu item, Fried Mac 'n Cheese Balls.
GAWDAMM, they were good...

Posted via Topify using Android

I have a pretty nice 4G phone, but hardly ever use the damn thing. I actually receive, get this...phone calls!...with it, text maybe five times a week, and play two games on it. My music is on it, too, but even there, it's been perhaps two months since I've listened to any of my 1200-song library. I have it on me on the road, but sometimes I do not even turn it on! It stays charged for nearly four DAYS, if that tells you anything.

It truly disgusts me how so many people are wrapped up in these damn devices. No one knows how to truly communicate these days. And don't get me going on the lack of ability to form a coherent sentence, with proper grammar and punctuation!

Oh, last thing - it's NOT a damn "hashtag"...it's a POUND SIGN!

Last edited:
Went to my local dive for lunch today. I had their new menu item, Fried Mac 'n Cheese Balls.
GAWDAMM, they were good...

They sound good there is a place I used to go by when I pulled cont. They had the best chili cheese dogs I'm kind of glad I don't go by there as much probably be taking dirt nap from a heart attack by now

:BangHead:

You have become another eunich.
Turn it in your badge.

oghtoo.jpg

By the way. You drive in some beautiful country. I oh so envy you.
What's the average time to your first stop?
You delivering or shuttling?

I HATE that Allison truck...You should have been at the drivers meeting when they had the Allison corporate propaganda people there trying to convince us that a 6 speed is BETTER then a manual shifted 18 speed. I wanted to strangle someone.

As for my deliveries. My out of town run I'm anywhere from 1 to 3 hours between deliveries. I'm also gone for 3 days.

As far as I know poutine originated in Quebec. Their gift to the rest of Canada. A fat/carb bomb but excellent with a Guiness on a cold winter night sitting in a warm pub.

I have never tried Poutine. I have talked to those that are true connoisseurs of the product and they tell me that the Poutine at Costco is right near the top for deliciousness.
[h=1][/h]

I HATE that Allison truck...You should have been at the drivers meeting when they had the Allison corporate propaganda people there trying to convince us that a 6 speed is BETTER then a manual shifted 18 speed. I wanted to strangle someone.
Being at the top of the seniority list, I was always assigned a new tractor when they came in. Twice they rammed an Allison down my throat. Twice I kept my old tractor. Absolutely detested them.
Know who LOVED them? The kids... "Oh, my leg hurts. I want an automatic...." :BangHead:

Last edited:
Leg hurts what did the do bang it on the step don't tell.me they were pushing on that pedal on the left. What kind of mileage does an auto, dpf truck get like 2.

You dont know how many times I've screamed "GO" at my wife while sitting at a green light while her head is buried in a cell phone...UGH!

Leg hurts what did the do bang it on the step don't tell.me they were pushing on that pedal on the left. What kind of mileage does an auto, dpf truck get like 2.
They "SWEAR" (they = salesmen) the autos improve fuel economy by 10-15%.
The company kept strict records of operating costs and the the autos were getting up to 7 mpg while the sticks were around 6. I never broke 6 mpg....

They "SWEAR" (they = salesmen) the autos improve fuel economy by 10-15%.
The company kept strict records of operating costs and the the autos were getting up to 7 mpg while the sticks were around 6. I never broke 6 mpg....

I keep track of my own fuel economy in the fleet trucks I drive. And the Freightliner, with the Allison gets worse mileage then any other truck. They seem to be good on the highway if it's flat with no hills...but we live, and operate, in friggin BC....We have a few hills around!! :D

Our Volvos with a D13 Volvo power motor, and a 13 speed Ishift tranny, does better then the Allison.

Yah you are never going to see mileage numbers that high again with these filter trucks that are out now all the years that jb, schnider, swift etc. Had thier drivers trying for fuel bonuses on trucks that where easily capable of 6.5-8 when fuel was 2.00/gal fuel cost was .25-.30 cpm nowonder they only wanted to pay .24-.25 com to the driver. With these filter trucks 5 mpg if your lucky at 3.75/gal the .40 cpm their paying the scumbag in the seat looks like a bargain.

I'm at 6.93 for the week as of wed am but that was running out to Chicago so over half that was.flatland the second half will be back down to 5.5, back in the hills and local.

40 years ago, a 195 Cummins or DD with a simple RoadRanger were getting 5 mpg....
Of course, a long uphill grade back then would also have you back down to third...

Last edited:
Back