DO NOT USE TRICO CLASSIC WIPER BLADES

UPDATE on the Trico Classic wiper failure.........

Here's the latest on the Trico Classic wiper failure on my '65 New Yorker...

*Trico's parent company has agreed to file a claim with their insurance company to fix my car.
*Parent company's insurer called me yesterday to get the claim started.
*Glass guys are telling me that the windshield for the Sedan isn't available.
*Local car guys here in Tampa have a guy that might be able to polish out the scratch.
Hope the polishing works!

Thanks 70 Fury for the kind wishes. That's the kind of post one would expect on a forum of this type...helpful, encouraging, informative etc.

The glass polishing guy works at the airport and handles all the rental cars' windshield issues. Who knew?
I was helping out a car buddy yesterday with his Corvair, and a friend of his dropped by and had actually used this polishing guy before and raved about his abilities.

I did not like the flaking paint on my wipers. So I removed it and did a clear coat. I am satisfied.

IMG_2740.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

UPDATE...the glass polishing guy was here a couple of weeks ago. He used his angle grinder with multiple pads and various grades of compound, and astonishingly, he was able to polish the scratch out of the windshield. It looks perfect now. But after the initial grind-down, the area around the scratch was completely cloudy....you could only see light through it. I just left the guy alone and didn't bother him except for that first visit after he first got started.

Later that day, I took the car to the store, and with the low sun coming through the windshield, I could see 3 scuff marks, each about 2X4 inches, which were left over after the guy did a final polish on entire windshield. These scuffs were not in the field of the original wiper scratch. We could not see these scuffs in my shop, but they showed up with the sun coming through.

SO....I debated whether to call the guy back, but seeing the success he had with much more aggressive tools, I used my Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and just a hand pad, and buffed the scuffs out by hand. It worked just great. Problem solved!

Back