Do they reproduce quarter glass hardware?

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Removed the regulators and motors to both the LH & RH quarter windows. SUCH a PAIN!!! Any tips for re-installation is welcome. Perhaps there are tricks I don’t know that make it a little easier …

For the most part, everything looks good! However the plastic guides that attach to the track seem brittle. Here’s a pic of the part in specific I am talking about.

A2F56A8D-016C-4088-8D5E-C969BB55BB32.jpeg

I’d appreciate any help on finding a reproduction if possible! Given how difficult everything was to get out, I’d like to tackle any repairs now and not later.

On a good note, got the windows down for the first time in 42 years!!!

31189669-A770-45DA-897E-56B5FBB643E2.jpeg

Just a shot in the dark but, a piece like that may have been used for many years and across different models, or it may have been a one year one model part, hard to tell with MOPAR
if you can get a part # that will be a big help on tracking it down
I'm not real knowledgeable about what parts are being reproduced but if there are any auto glass shops or chrysler dealers that have been around for like ...forever, they might have one collecting dust on a shelf somewhere, its worth a try
I found the last Pinto wagon plastic fold out side window hinges known to man that way

Just a shot in the dark but, a piece like that may have been used for many years and across different models, or it may have been a one year one model part, hard to tell with MOPAR
if you can get a part # that will be a big help on tracking it down
I'm not real knowledgeable about what parts are being reproduced but if there are any auto glass shops or chrysler dealers that have been around for like ...forever, they might have one collecting dust on a shelf somewhere, its worth a try
I found the last Pinto wagon plastic fold out side window hinges known to man that way
That’s a great idea! I’ll have to get a hold of a parts catalog and look it up… I can’t imagine how in the world I’m going to get everything back inside :eek: Gonna be worth it when I can cruise with all the windows down!

Try Vans. They make the front and quarter glass kits for several C Body cars. Nice repop

Thanks John! Gonna look thru that.

That actually seems to make sense! To soften up the plastic I assume?
Actually the article I read years ago said it was something on a molecular level and reintroducing moisture to the parts. Way over my head though. I just know we used it on some parts in the shop where I worked and it kept the parts from breaking.

Back