Do you need a pro to replace a roof on a 66 Polara convertible.

A friend did it on his Le Baron. Different car I know, but the principles are the same. Just take your time and have someone there to help, should work fine.

if you do decide to get someone to do it make sure they have experience with Mopar. I had a Corvette guy do mine less than happy. He pulled it so tight to remove wrinkles, I am guessing, that some factory stitching is pulling apart near the back window.

it can be done but it is far from easy. if your frame is good you are ahead of the game. remove the old top one layer at a time while taking careful measurements. only remove one pad at a time. alignment is the biggest issue.

I was thinking about trying to do the one on my Challenger but I wouldn't unless I was working with someone that had been around the block more than once.

I know there are plenty of qualified people in the area but I'm a hands on kinda guy. I'm sure I will hire it done.

I hate seeing an ill fitted top. I'd rather see an original browned out rear window, with a couple of holes.

I know there are plenty of qualified people in the area but I'm a hands on kinda guy. I'm sure I will hire it done.
I am too, but sometimes you have to measure the odds based on what's it going to cost to bail your *** out.

You should restore a woody, Matt. Should be fun for you.

For once I was serious. Time to revive the facepalm Icon. ;)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by cm23uoc
You should restore a woody, Matt.

I need to soon.

Just maybe this will work for you !!!!!!! :sSig_goodluck:

wpid-sexy-boston-red-sox-fan-10.jpg

You'll need tallhair wood tools for that.
I already have all of my own wood tools and a woody would indeed be a fun project for me but I think it'd have to be a boat.

Back