Do You see the control lights on the instrument panel?

pgadler

Reaction score
The soft upper part of my dash pad on my 68' Newport is quite distorted. The top surface is not only cracked, but have also sunken down quite much.

I can't tell if the bottom surface has sunk too, but I am 6' 2'' and cannot see the control lights on the panel (high beam, indicator, brake light etc). I have to dodge my head quite much, minimum 2 inches, to see them.

I have tried to look at pictures of good looking dash panels on the net, but it is hard to tell the true form of the bottom/lower surface.

Do You see Your lights?

i'm 6'3" best thing to do is sink into the seat some more cause i can't really see the turn signal indicators on the fenders (due to sun light and all) but i can see them on the dash

I can see mine on my 68 Newport, But I'm 5'9". Sounds like you may need a new dash pad. Not easy to change though.

FWIW, a '67 dash pad is shallower than '68. I'm 6'4" and can see everything fine without slouching. If you decide to replace it, consider a '67 pad. It fits the same with less overhang.

Hope the input helps.

John

FWIW, a '67 dash pad is shallower than '68. I'm 6'4" and can see everything fine without slouching. If you decide to replace it, consider a '67 pad. It fits the same with less overhang.

Hope the input helps.

John

Good tip!

Hope the input helps.

John
I'll withhold accepting that as true until I see some P/N's a/o documentation.
Not saying, No, but just never heard that before.

1968 Newport Dash
1529397_7927198_640.jpg

1967 Newport, Dash.
Best frt seat.JPG

1529397_7927198_640.jpg

Best frt seat.JPG

I'll withhold accepting that as true until I see some P/N's a/o documentation.
Not saying, No, but just never heard that before.

My only documentation is seeing a '67 dash pad installed in a '68 Chrysler 300 at a show a few years ago. The owner said it bolted inthe same. 68Nwprt's pics show the difference in overhang.

Hope the input helps.

John

Back