Dodge 64 Custom/ Chrysler 65 Newport

Paul Sprosen

Reaction score
Hi, I am chasing a few parts for my 64 Dodge. Someone is wreaking a 65 Newport ( a 1000 km away) thats still close for me. I would like to know if some parts might fit.
Would the fuel tank fit underneath, I know the filler neck would need some ajusting. The tail-gate torsion rod, are they the same.
Cheers Paul.

To confirm your wagon is a 1964 Dodge Custom or Custom 880 model ?

If that's correct, NO the gas tank from the 1965 will NOT interchange.

Not only is the shape of the tank different so is the location of the filler neck.
If you could get the tank cheap enough it maybe worth it to then try to retrofit.

Another option, brand new reproduction tanks for 1960-64 station wagons are available. Here's the link: (note I purchased one of these reproduction tanks to have as a spare for my wagons and they are nice compared to an original part)

1963 1964 DODGE STATION WAGON BRAND NEW GAS TANK MOPAR NEW WAGON FUEL TANK RARE! | eBay

Hi, I am chasing a few parts for my 64 Dodge. Someone is wreaking a 65 Newport ( a 1000 km away) thats still close for me. I would like to know if some parts might fit.
Would the fuel tank fit underneath, I know the filler neck would need some ajusting. The tail-gate torsion rod, are they the same.
Cheers Paul.

I Have a few extra parts , what else are you looking for? I bought this from the original owner 20 + Years ago and have accumulated few extra parts along the way.

DSC02213.jpg

Hi Dan, beautiful condition wagon, I have coped your idea of the bucket seats. Mine are out of a 70s (Chrysler by Chrysler ) here in Australia, not as pretty as yours but should look alright. As for parts, my fuel tank is a home-made tin can jammed up the rear guard. A 65 Newport tank is for sale locally, do you think it could be adapted for my 64. The only other parts I am missing are the front right guard Dodge emblem, and the two rubbers for the front bumper (bumperets ) I am not sure if thats what they are called. If you have any spares let me know with a $$$ tag.
Thanks Cheers Paul.

Hi, has anyone got a mug shot of a gas tank out of a 64 dodge custom 880 or Chrysler Newport 9 seater so I can get some idea of what it looks like.

Back