Dodge 880 for sale on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great styling! Looks smooth for a 4 door sedan... I like it!

I "SO" want this car. But like everybody else, no money and no room to put it. These '62 880s were Chrysler's absolute best example of badge engineering on the fly. When the Dodge dealers found out they had no big car to sell in 1962, there was something akin to a riot. So they very quickly cobbled up new tail lights to put into the '62 Newport holes on the quarter panels and stuck the '61 Dodge Polara front clip and I/P in the Newport and voila, an 880.

Being on the wrong side of the border, I never even saw one of these cars until the early '70s, and thought it was something somebody cobbled up. But nope, it was a real factory produced car. And I loved it.

I am thinking about buying it.Is there anyone in detroit that would not mind looking at it for me I just want to be sure it is as nice as it looks.

I am thinking about buying it.Is there anyone in detroit that would not mind looking at it for me I just want to be sure it is as nice as it looks.

DetMatt lives in the Motor City.

Do you like anything before 1970?

I think Gary has been quite clear he is not a fan of the lemon sucker specifically emoticonbigsmile.gif

00t0t_jEIHOJ3B3i0_600x450.jpg

emoticonbigsmile.gif

The older I get the more I like These simple bookkeeper's cars. A low optioned Station wagon would be perfect.
This car Needs inspection, could be a Diamond in the rough, but not necessarely.

Who wants one of these?
The guy I got my Newport from called me to spread the word on his $2,000.00 '62 Dodge 330 Poly/3 speed stick 4 door sedan for $5,000.00.
I ain't gonna tell him.

Still more left than People willing to pick them up, I'd consider such a car as a Driver if I were in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back