Dodge Getting Back Into NASCAR? 2 Door Charger!

The next gen nascar is a spec chassis and body.
Regardless of what a few old guys think, the 4 door charger has continued to increase sales as many other cars are cancelled, so the formula is working.

Heck on another site some clown is still whining about 4dr Chargers and bringing Plymouth back!

Even if Dodge was looking to get back into NASCAR it doesn't mean they are looking to bring back a 2-door charger.
Back in 2000 they ran the Intrepid a 4-door, but more likely it'd be made to look like a Challenger.

Alan

Looks like a 2 door Charger to me.......

2019-dec10-next-gen-3-main-image.jpg

The days of factory stock cars has been gone for over 30 years. There is no turning back the clock. Plus if they did....the current engines are too big in displacement or have power adders such as superchargers and turbo. SRT power would be banned after the first year.

Respectfully disagree Bob... My point is, if NASCAR wants to survive they need to go back to the way things were. The formula worked for years meanwhile this current format destroyed it. Take a car off the showroom put the safety stuff on it, racing parts etc. and run it. Displacement and turbos, etc. be damned. They can do it.

There are no doors on a stock car.
NASCAR is a lost cause. Sorry to say, much like Woolworths and Sears bad management.
Like Kenny said stock shell, modern powerplant, not 50 year old engine architecture. Let them have F.I. and traction control.

Last edited:
Great... maybe they'll come out with a two door Charger for the road... like it should've been for the the past what? 11-12 years now? I can't even keep track.
I never understood why they even put out a 4 four door "Charger" except that their lazy *** designer's used some other platform.
From what I can recall the Charger shares its platform with the 2 door Challeneger, and that platform's roots go back to a 90s E Class. Bunch of other components are leftover Mercedes bits too. But the platform wasnt the reason for 4 doors

well they ran destroked hemis , from 426 to 366 , that was run with the small block mopars . but these were factory blocks that could be had by the public , not many parts can say that with the current engine package . i think there should a new class of racing those new hot cars , like the iroc races only not just one brand that makes the grade , it should be a full field of manufactures involved . current nascar grand national cars have there place , let see the old be renewed with current rockets . let them run what they brun again .

They did a 4 door because 2 door cars don't sell anymore, barely enough buyers for pony cars. I needed 4 doors for practically with young kids. Ever put a baby bucket in a fox mustang?
My kids started riding in the old cars once they were forward facing but it was a pain to get them buckled in every time.

. Ever put a baby bucket in a fox mustang?
My kids started riding in the old cars once they were forward facing but it was a pain to get them buckled in every time
Put him in a 70 Dodge Challenger from 1 yo on, rear and front facing. Added a later.model belt to center off original belt mounts for left and right. It is a pain in a 4 door car also.

Getting older dogs (and moms) into a 4 door charger is a piece of cake compared to the Polara.

We love our '06. Best road car I've ever owned.

Back