Does anyones ashtray actually close right?glove box?

Pretty close on my 66 Monaco.

DSCF5043.JPG

DSCF5044.JPG

Is your ashtray a tilt out one, or a drawer? I think the drawer type are more of an issue.
It's a tilt-out. Funny thing, it looks like there should be two ashtrays, one on each side of the a/c vent but there is only one.

It's a tilt-out. Funny thing, it looks like there should be two ashtrays, one on each side of the a/c vent but there is only one.

I'm not so sure about that Don - you should double check that the other ashtray isn't stuck closed somehow - see this pic directly from my NOS USA issue 66 Monaco owner's manual:

66 Monaco USA ash trays.jpg

Went through the BoaB files..a bit blurry but ashtray show but oddly enough glovebox door lines up well...
boab june 2017 003.JPG

boab 2018 010.JPG

Just seeing this post now. The glove box and ash tray on my 67 Newport do not line up very well, either. I was able to improve the glove box a bit, but it's still off some. I sure appreciate the info here, it's good to know this is part of the charm of these cars. :lol:

I finally got m glove box twisted and bent and pulled until it lines up kinda ok...for now...I tore apart the ashtray and cleaned it all and lubed it and it closes a little better, but still not perfect.

I know this thread is old but, can someone tell me the size of the ashtray ball bearings for 68 Newport. Seemed to have misplaced mine. Thanks.

If they are the same as a 68 Polara I ordered some off e-bay once. I will see if I can find the info

If they are the same as a 68 Polara I ordered some off e-bay once. I will see if I can find the info
Ended up being 3/8 dia. (.375) for the Newport. 4 total. Got it put back together this morning. Thanks for your effort. Beautiful Polara BTW.

Is there a separate pice the balls sit in? I going crazy trying to figure out how the center dash ashtray goes together on my 1968 polara . Any pictures would be awesome Thank you in advance

Back