Drilled and slotted rotors for Monaco?

Elwood470

Reaction score
I have a '77 Dodge Monaco (C body)..Already has discs on the front but needing replacement. I want drilled and slotted rotors anybody know some that will work?
Thanks!

I got some off shore drilled and slotted ones for my 73 conversion on my 68 T/C wagon....horrible off shore cr@p! Would never go that route again.

I'll probably have to just use oem...But, it seems like as long as the bolt pattern is the same a rotor used on B bodies would work?

IMHO, there's nothing to gain by running slotted/drilled rotors. In street use, the drilled rotors tend to crack, especially the cheap ones. They are pretty much just for looks.

They are only really good for performance applications to dissipate heat. My car is getting a 392 hemi and will see track time..So I need something more aggressive than stock. But, that's becoming a challenge.

They are only really good for performance applications to dissipate heat. My car is getting a 392 hemi and will see track time..So I need something more aggressive than stock. But, that's becoming a challenge.
Buy the best quality you can find, IMO Wagner has always shown to be top notch. The gizmos won't help on a cheap part and the good stuff for your car won't have them.

Parachute

I'll probably have to just use oem...But, it seems like as long as the bolt pattern is the same a rotor used on B bodies would work?

Nope the b-body ones won't fit....the spindles are heavier on the C-body, and runs a larger inner and outer bearings. Do a little leg work....go to Rockauto and search up your car...it will have a bunch of cross reference vehicles listed that run the same rotor as yours.....that is how I found the drilled and slotted rotors for mine.

Which tracks? Laguna Seca? Watkins Glen? You better start thinking downforce as well.

spoiler-25.jpg

I would help brakes first with good brake fluid, good pads, steel braided brake hoses and cold air ducts. After that get drilled/slotted disc.
Some old Mopar Muscle Magazine had article, where they did add 2" pipe with 90 bend to brake shield to direct cool air to brakes.

Back