Driving music suggestions?

Cruise-in through the streets w/ the top down and the exhaust big block rumble. Or On the highway, top up on a long late night road trip These are my tunes on the radio. Los Lonely Boys, Blind Faith, Jeff Beck, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Tom Petty, Allman Brothers Band, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Thin Lizzy and that's just the beginning. Wile E Coyote you must be peeking over my shoulder.

No music for me in my Fury ,just my stereo the dual exhausts from my 440.
Next year from my 512 stroker.

@Kp1226 I just heard this one tonight. I thought I'd share it as I love a good cover. Personally, I think I like the original better, but not by much. I think Clutch did a damn good job with it :thumbsup:

Clutch probably has a wider range of style than any other band out there see examples below :

I don't mind covers when they do a good job. For example, I think Gwen and No Doubt did an excellent cover of "It's My Life". Some songs, like "Turn the Page" don't need to be covered though, IMO.

I think this is the same video I posted earlier that got deleted, if not, it's this other one.

Last edited:
Just an old guys .02...

I seldom listen to radio anymore. Corporate "I heart" has ruined it worse than the top 40 programming in the 60's and 70's. I find the same boring playlists on most Sirius channels too.

You would think a market like Tulsa would have a wide variety of music since the city has a "sound" named after it, but alas it is not to be. Too small.

Personally I enjoy the songs the pavement and exhausts give me. Each of my 3 vehicles has it's definitive song.
The '06 Charger has the most interesting, the dissonant blat of the MDS changing to a smooth but sweet overdrive under throttle.
My Ram roars. But it's a low end roar, not a teeth rattling headache inducing bite. It's a '59 Les Paul Power chording it's way though a a quartet of Marshall Stacks, but you're in the mixing room looking on.
Mz. Ruby...she's a tough one. Her factory type mufflers weren't chosen for sound, and I've all but isolated that to the outside, where they should be in car like this. But Ruby is dangerous. She doesn't have 4 wheel discs, auto steering or collision sensing. Driving her requires hands at 10 and 2, and all eyes on the road, and ears attentive for any strange sounds. Her mirrors are small, so you must keep your eyes and head moving. There isn't time for music or cell phones.
I wish they made all cars this dangerous again. A good portion of people driving today would be in public transportation.

Just an old guys .02...

I seldom listen to radio anymore. Corporate "I heart" has ruined it worse than the top 40 programming in the 60's and 70's. I find the same boring playlists on most Sirius channels too.

You would think a market like Tulsa would have a wide variety of music since the city has a "sound" named after it, but alas it is not to be. Too small.

So don't listen to radio and listen to what you want and I agree with you. I said before here I liked hearing my 440 dual exhausts but after this topic I want a big honkin stereo system to blast over my dual exhaust when I want and what I want.

I wish they made all cars this dangerous again.
From one old guy to another, I understand but not so fast...
d9af59d64544dc6f1d22c968048a38df.jpg

So don't listen to radio and listen to what you want and I agree with you. I said before here I liked hearing my 440 dual exhausts but after this topic I want a big honkin stereo system to blast over my dual exhaust when I want and what I want.

Good for you. I have a big honkin stereo in my Ram and the '06 Charger. The subs in the Ram were set up so John Entwhistle's bass solo on My Generation will rattle yer brain. I no longer use it. The road is the song again. Good luck with your journey. When it comes full full circle, remember me and smile. :)

From one old guy to another, I understand but not so fast...
View attachment 338666

Exactly!

Back