Driving music suggestions?

I’m 58 and like a wide variety of music. For me Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, etc., add a little more class when cruising the C body. “So it’s one for my baby, and one for the road.”

When I'm in the Charger, I almost always have the radio on the Tom Petty channel.

I agree with many of the songs, one that came up on my random play is one I didn't even think about is Van Morrison "Baby please don't go" great driving song, with the fast rhythm of the song it's impossible not to drive faster. :)

A great album which I play all the time in the car is "Riding with the King" Eric Clapton and BB King. It a great blues album, prefect open road, laid back, going for a cruise music

1971, first PK21 as the wind buffeting goes silent when the speedo goes past 120 and it's time to 'press hard', insert the Pink Floyd 8-track...

Last edited:
Kids will surprise you. My 12 year old listens to disco. Not sure how she discovered it.

I haven’t considered satellite. Maybe I should. Currently using MP3 player to Hi Z input on an amp.

Disco is great! I'll imagine most of this crowd may not approve, however, I must say, LAZERHAWK!!!, It may encourage excessive speeding though, so be warned. His first album "Redline" is where to start. On the opposite side of the spectrum, to soothe your nerves, or slow you down, anything by or with, the wonderful Karen Carpenter.

That would put me to sleep.

Yeah, I suppose that shouldn't be filed under "driving music". I almost forgot my favourite song of the year, and likely tops of all time. Released November 2018, I didn't hear it until early 2019, absolutely flawless! Foxwarren, fronted by Andy Shauf, Everything apart-

Not bad for a bunch of old F#cks I like it a lot.

I like to play music that was around the time my car was new ...

That was the idea for my 1974 Fury. It's got 8-track so I ordered some of those weird-looking cassettes from the USA. That format never took off in continental Europe. Here's what I picked:

Rufus - Rufus
War - The World is a Ghetto
Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street

That was the idea for my 1974 Fury. It's got 8-track so I ordered some of those weird-looking cassettes from the USA. That format never took off in continental Europe. Here's what I picked:

Rufus - Rufus
War - The World is a Ghetto
Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street

8 track didn’t make it here, either. Still, lots of the format on eBay if you want a bigger collection. I’d check Etsy as well.

I was 3 in 1974 so the only one I am familiar with is Rufus because of Chaka Khan’s association with the band.

Someone mentioned Carpenters. I have a double album set but I wouldn’t take them driving with me.

I do take the Raveonettes along. 1950s style with some feedback by a couple of Finns.

Back