Dual Snorkel Air Cleanes

bajajoaquin

Reaction score
Okay, I know I'm going to be told this has been debated before, but I did a search for snorkel, and didn't come up with an answer.

I read somewhere that Dodge vans had dual snorkel air cleaners into the '70s, and that they would fit on various carbs. Is there other availability for dual snorkels out there besides the TNT and Magnums that are a bit on the pricey side? I'm going to keep my original air cleaner, but I'd like to get a dual-snorkel one for a bit more power.

I have a dual snorkel on my '70 Fury III ex-Washington State Patrol car with a 440. The '66 Olds Toronado I just purchased last month had a odd somewhat fatory looking air cleaner assemblu on it. The two snorkels were cut off half way back. There was also a metal band that went around the top of the air cleaner housing and under the lid. It was approx 1/3" tall and has rectangle cuts stamped around the whole thing. 100_0312.jpg

100_0312.jpg

Air Cleaner

Been so long that I do not remember what this came from ,I think it was early 60,s . I wanted to put a pie tin on it but the top was opposite of the pie tin .Cut the center out flipped it over and welded it up. Added the pie tin and now my wagon has the rare magnum engine option

DSC04934.jpg

Okay, I know I'm going to be told this has been debated before, but I did a search for snorkel, and didn't come up with an answer.

I read somewhere that Dodge vans had dual snorkel air cleaners into the '70s, and that they would fit on various carbs. Is there other availability for dual snorkels out there besides the TNT and Magnums that are a bit on the pricey side? I'm going to keep my original air cleaner, but I'd like to get a dual-snorkel one for a bit more power.
I have several 71-74 dual snorkels that need work, I would be happy to sell you the group of them. My stuff is pre-1970.

I want to do this on my NYB but I don't have the balls.

Fake_olds_engine.JPG

Gar: You have to agree with me on this one.

boschporsche.jpg

I think the dual snorkel air cleaners look really cool, but I really like the cost of drilling holes. Having gone through the air cleaner recognition site, I see that lots of air cleaners had baffles in them to distribute the air around the holes in the sides of the air cleaner. Any opinion on if that would be a worth while mod?

I plan on going with an unsilenced style, I really like them. Add a pie tin or decal and be done with it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The ultimate dual snorkel.
And a king's ransom for it.
Gorgeous.

That would be the only chrome I would allow under the hood.

Posted via Topify on Android

Back