Dual Snorkel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike, Im confused. There should not be any stamping there. The stamp pad should be on the front of the block to the left ( the driver's side) of the water pump.

< Sent from my tablet >

:3gears:When i baught my Polara -67 i was told thats its a 383 4b, and the vin where showing the same. But today i examend the Engine and i could see the number 440 stamped in the block behind the thermostat house, and also the letter J. Maybe the air cleener type dual snorkel dident have room under the hood if the 440 is higher, isnt it called "raised block". Now i am interested in which type of 440 this is. Must search for casting numbers on the block.

C would be 67, J is a 74 block. 440 has a flat pad the the right of the water pump when looking from the front. 383 has the numbers on a small pad below the distributor.

I maybe wrote a littel wrong, sorry, where the distributor is connected to the block thers a flat area wher Engine data is stamped i was told. And i read a erlier thred and seen a Picture of this that "stan" posted and that Engine was stamped 440 and hp, if someone remember this thred.

I maybe wrote a littel wrong, sorry, where the distributor is connected to the block thers a flat area wher Engine data is stamped i was told. And i read a erlier thred and seen a Picture of this that "stan" posted and that Engine was stamped 440 and hp, if someone remember this thred.

If you can look down at your engine and see 440 and J then its a 440. The 383 numbers are not easy to see.

...and i could see the number 440 stamped in the block behind the thermostat house, and also the letter J

On B engines, 351-400 ci, there is a pad on the right front of the engine below the distributor. On RB engines, 413-440 ci, there is a pad on the left front of the engine.

Don't argue with me.

On B engines, 351-400 ci, there is a pad on the right front of the engine below the distributor. On RB engines, 413-440 ci, there is a pad on the left front of the engine.
In the thread "big blocks for sale" you posted a Picture and thats the location i mean.

rbidentificationpad.jpg

OK. Gen-you-wine 440, then.
Lo compression/230 hp
iron crank.
heluva difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back