Dual Snorkel

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 4 barrels should be the same diameter on top unless its a dominator or equivalent.

I was unaware, what's considered early?

I'm pretty sure all AFB's, AVS, holley, Thermoquad and Edlebrock carbs will share an air cleaner housing base. The early Carter WCFB 4bbl is smaller.

My carb, and measure of air cleener.

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

That is an early '70's Thermoquad, and unless there's an adapter under it the intake is also from the '70's. TQ's and Eddy carbs are the same are horn diameter

My guess is. By the way the throttle cable is pulled so far forward on the bracket, it was a 2bbl converted to 4bbl with '70's parts. Also your kickdown lever is Way out of adjustment (needs to come forward).

And thats why the "dual snorkel" is missing, the carb is replaced and the original aircleener dident fit. That was not good for me. I will miss the right stuff. But the Engine seems to run good whit the carb so i must accept beeing the wrong one.
My guess is. By the way the throttle cable is pulled so far forward on the bracket, it was a 2bbl converted to 4bbl with '70's parts. Also your kickdown lever is Way out of adjustment (needs to come forward).

And thats why the "dual snorkel" is missing, the carb is replaced and the original aircleener dident fit. That was not good for me. I will miss the right stuff. But the Engine seems to run good whit the carb so i must accept beeing the wrong one.

It seems that most factory air cleaners are made to fit the carb they are being used on. The relief on the base is normaly different to allow for linkages and fuel line connections. To get the look you want you may have to change the carb which may mean changing out the intake.

This is what is great about FCBO.......6 pages of comments on an air cleaner decal. LOL!

Want to talk about your windshield wiper linkage again?

I'm done with 1978 wiper linkage forever!!! I'll have that problem solved as soon as I get the linkage parts from Mr C. My only opinion from this day forward on that matter is to modify the linkage to 1974-1977 small cam and be done with it forever. That last POS 78 wiper cam I had literary fell apart as I was installing it. I was so FN careful putting it in like I was doing open hurt surgery and it crumbled and fell apart in my hands. I had to walk away from the NYB for an hour until I cooled off enough. That was it....done forever with that cam!

:3gears:When i baught my Polara -67 i was told thats its a 383 4b, and the vin where showing the same. But today i examend the Engine and i could see the number 440 stamped in the block behind the thermostat house, and also the letter J. Maybe the air cleener type dual snorkel dident have room under the hood if the 440 is higher, isnt it called "raised block". Now i am interested in which type of 440 this is. Must search for casting numbers on the block.

aircleaner would fit with a 440, if you had a 383 or 400 that pad by the thermostat wouldn't be there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back