Earl Passed away.. Mopars/parts for sale Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockosocko

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey, instead of just adding to my thread for Mr. Earl, I thought that I'd post that he passed and the city gave his son
30days to "clean up" or they will probably come in, steal/crush whatever they can and charge the 'estate' removal fees..

Please check out the thread of parts and cars for sale in Memphis area for some pics..
It's not just Mopar stuff. He's got T O N S and A C R E S of stuff.

Lots of stuff will go to crusher if not sold, so Please help out by spreading the word.

PM me for contact info.

Errol

It'd be nice if you posted a link to the thread you are referring to?

It'd be nice if you posted a link to the thread you are referring to?

It's on this site so I didn't think I needed a link, it's even in my profile 'posting info'. And i have the same name for all sites listed.
but here..
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?8998-New-Member-near-MEMPHIS-in-MS

Here's another on Alpar.
http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/150880-cars-and-parts-fs-in-memphis-area/

The add that i posted on Sweptline.org seems to be gone for some reason.
I just joined for my buddy to try and help him sell some stuff.

Errol

Guys there is a lot of stuff there and lots of old parts. Many 8.75 rears and big block engines, some cars and trucks. We need to see as much saved as can be. I will post info as I find out as well.

It's on this site so I didn't think I needed a link, it's even in my profile 'posting info'. And i have the same name for all sites listed.
but here..
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?8998-New-Member-near-MEMPHIS-in-MS

Here's another on Alpar.
http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/150880-cars-and-parts-fs-in-memphis-area/

The add that i posted on Sweptline.org seems to be gone for some reason.
I just joined for my buddy to try and help him sell some stuff.

Errol

Well believe it or not I did actually do that search under your username before I wrote, I just didn't make the connection as that thread is several months old. No worries, seeing as those pics are somewhat dated do you have a list of inventory that is current? Anything in the B-body variant from '68-71? Chargers, Road runners, etc? Would love to find parts for my '70 Coronet. Complete cars are cool too. Thanks.

Well believe it or not I did actually do that search under your username before I wrote, I just didn't make the connection as that thread is several months old. No worries, seeing as those pics are somewhat dated do you have a list of inventory that is current? Anything in the B-body variant from '68-71? Chargers, Road runners, etc? Would love to find parts for my '70 Coronet. Complete cars are cool too. Thanks.

Funny I didn't see any contact information in that post. 4 pages and nothing more than pics.. yawn... Dafugg is so hard about just putting the information in the first post?

Funny I didn't see any contact information in that post. 4 pages and nothing more than pics.. yawn... Dafugg is so hard about just putting the information in the first post?

This is on the Allpar thread, but then again, Earl is gone so I don't know where that will get you:

"Again, His name is Earl and can be reached at 901-359-0179. Central Standard Time. Please call with courtesy according to time zone. In other words, don't call early am or late at night."

Errol, I've PM'd you twice without a response from you.

I PM'd him as well and the first reply I received read along lines that Earl's widow new what the stuff is worth, and something about "vultures". But did not include any contact information! No reply to the second PM again asking for contact info.

He sounded aggravated for some reason. I was honestly just interested in a list and/or additional pictures of what was available. :eek:ops:

Hey y'all Earl died, Earl died! Earl died? Who the **** is Earl? I dunno but I never liked his tea.

just think of the dozens of cars that will now be projects..hard to find fault with a guy who saves cars whatever his reasoning...
all those mopar parts seen in pics will now find there way into the main stream...theres gona be alota happy folks out there with parts for their vehicles

I PM'd him as well and the first reply I received read along lines that Earl's widow new what the stuff is worth, and something about "vultures". But did not include any contact information! No reply to the second PM again asking for contact info.

He sounded aggravated for some reason. I was honestly just interested in a list and/or additional pictures of what was available. :eek:ops:

WOW guys.. I'm sorry it came across that way. i APOLOGIZE. There is decades of stuff that he/they have and have only known him for about 12 years or so. I don't have an itemized list or pics of every car or part. (believe me NEITHER did he. it was all in his brain)
He's let me go into his shop a couple of times and didn't think it would be polite to just start snapping off pics of all his stuff while in there. In addition to that, hes got several semi containers/trailers that i've never asked to "WHATCHA GOT IN THOSE"? I've only taken pics of what he said I could. Then Imageshack pulled the plug and couldn't post pics unless I upgraded, and then some seem to be gone from what I remember..
Especially gts95 i apologize if I came across poorly. I'll try and get you what you needed.
To the one who didn't know "who the ____ is Earl:
I wish you could have met him. He was a encyclopedia of information and a self taught engineer for most anything. (one thing I just saw was one of his mowers had a GM alternator in half hanging off the side to use the regulator so it would run)
I just wish I could've tapped into his brain and learned from him.
He was an amazing ol guy.
Earl Bohannon was his name.

I remember seeing a rare Wedge dual cross ram manifold just sitting off to the side and I froze and stared. BUT, that's NOT what we went into the shop for in the first place, so I didn't run over to it all giddy, pick it up and start looking, digging and asking for other stuff.. I wasn't raised that way and wouldn't do that in YOUR shop either.

Just trying to help out a friend and now family.
His son is basically working 3 jobs, wife works and they only got a few days for bereavement. So needless to say they're over the head busy also.
Earl had mentioned to me that "he was on a few of "THOSE sites". So I just joined a couple with the sole purpose of listing pics of his stuff. I didn't ask specifically which ones he was on. That's why I added his name in the title here. He was heavy into dirt/sprint cars back in the day too. And one gent on Sweptline.org got in touch with me and said that he'd help out post also. I didn't have that many pics of the trucks, so I'll be back out there when they unlock it to help where I can.

I NEVER got notification that there were additions to the thread. And just today got info on 2 more pms..
I have emails that I get to my phone but NOT to my computer, visa/versa. And some that just disappear and come back after a few days, and some that get shot to my junk mail.
I'm on a few dozen sites from Diesels to boat motors, Honda's to Jeeps, Chryslers, Massey Ferguson's, Military vehicles and on and on.
And don't keep up with EVERY thread that I write. And, I usually don't get notifications either.

I was in the same situation years ago when MY father passed back in the 80's.
I've had experience with peeps like "Pickers" and Lords of Hordes, where they act like cheats, chewing someone down (hoping that owner doesn't know what ____'s worth) and turn around and act like they've spent thousands and thousands DEMANDING a higher price. I wonder how some of these people feel like when after their sale, they see what was said or done on the show.?
I've also spent time and money taking/sending pictures, packaging up something for a potential buyer, running out to get a shipping quote or two all for them to say naw, never mind..

You'd have to see the situation. Neighbors said that they would keep an eye out for people stealing or trespassing.
But one can only do so much. I'm not family, don't have a 'key' or permission to bring anyone to the property.
I have to call to do so, and find out if anyone will be there at ___time.

People were coming from all over saying that my dad sold them _____ or owed them ____. Interesting how NONE had ANY paperwork or signatures as to what they were claiming..
Then because we were almost broke, we had to auction off most all our equipment and such all to give us pennies on the dollar for things that we should've gotten thousands.
If any reading this has an 'auction' like that, DON'T go or attend. Just pick up the check and leave. DON'T ask what you got for ___, It'll tear your heart out.

Again, I will apologize here to any who were/got offended. I am sorry..

Now that I upgraded with Imageshack I'll try and post an updated series of pics. Although it might take a few days or so.

Errol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back