017.JPG

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

023.JPG

026.JPG

Thanks for offering them Joel. I don't mean to step on your sale, but I don't think the rings are factory. Could you please post a few picures with the rings installed so we can see how well they fit... That all makes a difference for some of us.

Also the centers are the later 70's style... 75 or 76 up I believe. They should be repairable by drilling and screwing back onto the spiders (retainers)

"Gen I" W23 Class II 16-Slot Road Wheels have the splined ornaments on the center caps. "Gen I" being the 1970-72 wheels, usually 15x6. Maybe '73 too? These were somewhat rare in comparison to wheel covers, back then.

I'm going to term "Gen II" W23s as being the ones with the smooth center ornaments, which started with the '74 C-body cars and also the '74 Road Runners with the "Radial Roadability Package" (white letter Goodyear radials and a rear sway bar added to the normal RR suspension calibration). Then, they became very popular on '74 Chryslers and '75+ Gen I Cordobas. Still 15x6 sizing, but I recall some 15x7 variations on the '77 (bent-bar, Aspen/Volare) Chrysler LeBaron. Some had a body color add-in insert rather than just the satin silver paint.

"Rally Wheel" tended to be a more generic indicator of "no full wheel cover, no dog-dish hubcap" wheels with center caps and trim rings. The actual MoPar Rallye Wheels were on the A/B/E-body cars, not C-body cars, as I recall.

I will concur that something about the pictured trim rings doesn't look quite right. As if there is too much curve to the inside, rather than more "flat". Seems like they should be "brushed chrome" in that center area, too?

Respectfully,
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back