For Sale Ebay-1971 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham hardtop Factory U-code HP special order

Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone is close enough to inspect, I'd be willing to pay them something for their time/gas. thanks.

Dale

Sat for 7 years and previously it sat in a field... in Pennsylvania for another 20 years.

swiss-cheese-800x800.jpg

The 440HP and the HD 727 are worth the asking price. The transmission cooler is worth having. Road wheels, 8-3/4 - 3:23, disc brake setup, HD suspension, torsion and sway bar.......WASHER BOTTLE

It's worth the asking price just in parts.

Someone should save it. It's a rare car.

The 440HP and the HD 727 are worth the asking price. The transmission cooler is worth having. Road wheels, 8-3/4 - 3:23, disc brake setup, HD suspension, torsion and sway bar.......WASHER BOTTLE

It's worth the asking price just in parts.

Someone should save it. It's a rare car.
so, what do you guys guess it may go for? any estimates?

Contact the guy directly and feel him out. I've made deals with people by-passing eBay. All turned out great. Nobody likes to pay ebay fees.

I reached out to the seller last week, I was going to look at this car to help out a member. Unfortunately I can't afford it but would like to see someone save it. In any case, me going to look at it fell through but the seller responded to me telling him I had to back out on looking at the car as follows.

Looking at the trunk pan in the pics, it does support his statements but if he sends me a couple pics of the underside, I'll post them in this thread. I hope it is as nice as he says and someone decides to save it. a 4-door U-code would certainly be a cool car to have, you could probably even tow another C with this one with the trailer tow and the U-code.

Here's his post...cut him a break on his hints of frustration since I backed out on him.

New message from: slant6valiant (824
iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif
)

Sorry for the long delay, been super busy fielding questions about the car and other work. No problem, I thought that was a pretty long drive for you. I'll still see if I can get some more detailed pictures. I wasn't that interested because I was in a hurry that day and I figured I wasn't asking all that much for the car. I would give my personal guarantee that there is no frame rot or floor rot or whoever bought it could back out. I thought I pointed out that it wasn't driven at all in NY in the winter and only minimally in the summer. 2 of the worst cars corrosion-wise that I ever owned came from California (the coast) and Virginia Beach. I've bought 100's of cars in my time and it's the circumstances around each car that matters not 'where it's from' which is only one. Besides this car came from the MD-PA line not NY. Maybe I should have sold it in Va and everyone's mind would be at ease even though it still came from Pa. There's no way the car sat out as long as the guy I bought it from said. It couldn't have based on how it looked when I bought it. I talked to the original owners son and he said maybe 3 years, not in a field, otherwise it was garaged. just a story from the guy I bought it from I guess. In any event, according to the Govier production numbers there were only 20,427 1971 CH43 New Yorkers made. Out of that small, even contemporaneously speaking, production run how many do you figure were U-coded cars? How many are even left? Maybe a nicer one will pop up some day. Maybe it'll even be restored so you won't get tp see it before it was fluffed up. I've never seen another one.

I truly wish I was in a position to buy this one.

By the way, in an earlier conversation he stated the car was not from Coraopolis but Codorus, PA, simply a typo apparently.

I reached out to the seller last week, I was going to look at this car to help out a member. Unfortunately I can't afford it but would like to see someone save it. In any case, me going to look at it fell through but the seller responded to me telling him I had to back out on looking at the car as follows.

Looking at the trunk pan in the pics, it does support his statements but if he sends me a couple pics of the underside, I'll post them in this thread. I hope it is as nice as he says and someone decides to save it. a 4-door U-code would certainly be a cool car to have, you could probably even tow another C with this one with the trailer tow and the U-code.

Here's his post...cut him a break on his hints of frustration since I backed out on him.

New message from: slant6valiant (824View attachment 173583)
Sorry for the long delay, been super busy fielding questions about the car and other work. No problem, I thought that was a pretty long drive for you. I'll still see if I can get some more detailed pictures. I wasn't that interested because I was in a hurry that day and I figured I wasn't asking all that much for the car. I would give my personal guarantee that there is no frame rot or floor rot or whoever bought it could back out. I thought I pointed out that it wasn't driven at all in NY in the winter and only minimally in the summer. 2 of the worst cars corrosion-wise that I ever owned came from California (the coast) and Virginia Beach. I've bought 100's of cars in my time and it's the circumstances around each car that matters not 'where it's from' which is only one. Besides this car came from the MD-PA line not NY. Maybe I should have sold it in Va and everyone's mind would be at ease even though it still came from Pa. There's no way the car sat out as long as the guy I bought it from said. It couldn't have based on how it looked when I bought it. I talked to the original owners son and he said maybe 3 years, not in a field, otherwise it was garaged. just a story from the guy I bought it from I guess. In any event, according to the Govier production numbers there were only 20,427 1971 CH43 New Yorkers made. Out of that small, even contemporaneously speaking, production run how many do you figure were U-coded cars? How many are even left? Maybe a nicer one will pop up some day. Maybe it'll even be restored so you won't get tp see it before it was fluffed up. I've never seen another one.

I truly wish I was in a position to buy this one.
thanks for the info, and I'll take blame on the confusion on the trip. I originally thought he was going to sell it early when i asked him if there was a buy it now price. He said that the price was the starting price (or something like that) anyway, by the time i got to talk to him, he then said he wanted to let the auction run, so i guess i misunderstood him. I pretty much told him I'd go for buying it at the starting price, but guess it'll go ahead for the full haul, which i can't blame him. Any estimates what top bid will go for? thanks.
Dale

thanks for the info, and I'll take blame on the confusion on the trip. I originally thought he was going to sell it early when i asked him if there was a buy it now price. He said that the price was the starting price (or something like that) anyway, by the time i got to talk to him, he then said he wanted to let the auction run, so i guess i misunderstood him. I pretty much told him I'd go for buying it at the starting price, but guess it'll go ahead for the full haul, which i can't blame him. Any estimates what top bid will go for? thanks.
Dale

Absolutely no problem from my perspective. I checked and there have been no bids to this point. Here is his latest communication and a few more pics. Hopefully he can get some pics of the underside but he's in NE Ohio and the car is in NY about 4 hours away from him.

Don't worry about it. It's a grueling trip. I'm really torn about selling this car I just don't have any place to keep it right now and even if I did I don't know when I'd get around to working on it. I can't blame anyone for being cautious. I probably shortchanged myself by not getting any pictures of the bottom. It does have a very heavy coating of the factory undercoat just like a 71 Imperial I used to own. That was a cool car. 2 door car that came from Arizona but was originally a Ca car. Burgundy with the recalled maroon paisley top black leather bucket seat interior. Here's some pictures of the NY'r shortly after I bought it. I really want it to be restored......

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I honestly don't know why I'm so invested in this car finding a good home. I guess because this one really speaks to me, high option, classy, luxury cruiser.

Absolutely no problem from my perspective. I checked and there have been no bids to this point. Here is his latest communication and a few more pics. Hopefully he can get some pics of the underside but he's in NE Ohio and the car is in NY about 4 hours away from him.

Don't worry about it. It's a grueling trip. I'm really torn about selling this car I just don't have any place to keep it right now and even if I did I don't know when I'd get around to working on it. I can't blame anyone for being cautious. I probably shortchanged myself by not getting any pictures of the bottom. It does have a very heavy coating of the factory undercoat just like a 71 Imperial I used to own. That was a cool car. 2 door car that came from Arizona but was originally a Ca car. Burgundy with the recalled maroon paisley top black leather bucket seat interior. Here's some pictures of the NY'r shortly after I bought it. I really want it to be restored......

View attachment 173592
View attachment 173593
View attachment 173594
View attachment 173595
View attachment 173596

I honestly don't know why I'm so invested in this car finding a good home. I guess because this one really speaks to me, high option, classy, luxury cruiser.

Can anyone tell whether or not this car has ATC?

Someone with better eyes than me should look but I don't see the temp thumb wheel so I don't think it has ATC. I'm basing that on the ninth pic of the ebay ad.

Someone with better eyes than me should look but I don't see the temp thumb wheel so I don't think it has ATC. I'm basing that on the ninth pic of the ebay ad.

It also doesn't have the vacuum brain under the hood, so standard A/C.

The years between '03 and '18 have been unkind to this poor car. If only there was a way to turn back time.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back