Ebay Headers - too good of a price to be true?

Ghostultramarine

Reaction score
The olde saying, "you get what you pay for" is generally true.

I came across this today and it just seems way too cheap to be of any quality - but I could be wrong and it's just priced that way because of automated manufacturing offshore ...

Anyway, I'm just the messenger, but I it caught my eye and I thought I should ask as I know the pool of knowledge here is great, vast and deep.

Stainless Exhaust Header For 1959-1978 MOPAR Big Block 383 400 413 426 6.3L 7.0L

Look like the Sanderson Headers I bought over 12 years ago fr $300. Price does look fishy.

I actually bought these, scuffed them up, painted them with black rustoleum high temp paint and promptly baked them off. They're still on my 440/505 4 years later without rust, albeit requiring a tad bit of clearance/machining with the ol 'tonya harding' around my passenger upper control arm on one of the tubes. I like em though. A lot cheaper than custom full length headers, not to mention I didn't really NEED those on a NY, but it's all about preference I suppose.

I came across this today and it just seems way too cheap to be of any quality - but I could be wrong and it's just priced that way because of automated manufacturing offshore ...

Anyway, I'm just the messenger, but I it caught my eye and I thought I should ask as I know the pool of knowledge here is great, vast and deep.

Stai

Stainless Exhaust Header For 1959-1978 MOPAR Big Block 383 400 413 426 6.3L 7.0L

What car do you need those for?
nless Exhaust Header For 1959-1978 MOPAR Big Block 383 400 413 426 6.3LWhat

IF that image is accurate, they might bolt onto any B/RB head, but the collector position looks more like a 1959-era situation than a 1966 situation, to me. Which might be why they are less expensive than for a small block Chevy?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

IF that image is accurate, they might bolt onto any B/RB head, but the collector position looks more like a 1959-era situation than a 1966 situation, to me. Which might be why they are less expensive than for a small block Chevy?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Those center dumps and the steering box could be a problem. The 1964 and older steering box was further back in the car and the center dump is what they used.

There's more!

This one has $27 shipping! (PartsGoGo)

$180 shipping ... (Beyond Revolution)

Do I need headers? (thinking of possible fuel economy and better performance and carbon tax our current dicatorship is introducing in Canuckistan tomorrow ... 25%)

@Rick T

Need ... that's a subjective term in this case. I have a 68 Newport convertible with a 383.
Oh okay I have a nice used set. Hooker super competition that
CD0CFE84-F736-4A31-934B-EC6160AB2AA3.jpeg
fit my 78 New Yorker 440.

04-01-22.Stainless Exhaust Header For 1959-1978 MOPAR.www.ebay.ca.jpg

A 97.9% feedback rating should warn you away from any purchase with this seller. 204 NEG's in the past year equals to 17 per month.

"Do you feel lucky punk" saying comes to mind.

Epartsgogo has the same percentage and PartsRev has a 95% positive.

Might be better odds than ordering from Walmart or Amazon.
Yea I guess with today's customers and a high volume seller less than 99.9% percent is the norm, they are probably just a Amazon drop shipper anyway.

The center dumps and the power steering are a problem, which is why the Sanderson's are not on my Chrysler. If I was in to fabricating, they would be.

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0045.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Back