Electric locks on 1968 300?

sprice

Reaction score
Did the 68’ 300 offer electric locks? I remember the push/pull feature in Chrysler models but not sure of year. If it was not offered in 68’, is it possible that add the push/pull system to the 68’ 300?

Yes, they were available, but with a few variations IIRC. On non-Chrysler C-bodies, the front lock buttons controlled the system. On Chryslers and Imperials, there was also a switch on the lh frt door lock cyl that the others did not have, IIRC. With, of course, an "Electric Lock" plate by the lh lock button only. Without the key cyl switch, once the lh frt door was open, then the lock button was pulled upward to unlock the other doors.

My 68 New Yorker 4dr hardtop had power locks.
The trick on that car was you could not lock the drivers door by pushing down on the door lock-- you had to use the key to lock it.
But I used to close the driver door tgen open left rear door, push down on the electric lock and locks all 4 doors.
Then i shut the door..lol.

FB_IMG_1677399173793.jpg

That was the normal "Chrysler Way" for Slabs and probably earlier as you could not lock the lh frt door without using a key (as you could with GM cars of that time). Preventing accidental lock-outs with the keys still in the car. But that changed in later models, for better or for worse.

My buddy’s 300 convertible has power locks on it…. manual windows though. And I have power windows and manual locks on mine. Go figure!
C8BAF799-86B3-47F3-ACC7-CD191E9AE577.jpeg

Last edited:
My buddy’s 300 convertible has power locks on it…. manual windows though. And I have power windows and manual locks on my. Go figure!View attachment 584110
Great looking cars!! With so many free-standing "luxury" options back then, it had more to do with WHO was doing the vehicle ordering and how much potential issues they might have with those higher-level options as the cars aged. Some options tended to be ordered together . . . power steering and power brakes, tilt wheel and cruise control, power seats and power windows and maybe power locks. By '68, a/c was starting to be installed on more convertibles, too. ALL variable and a bit dependent upon where the cars were origially sold, many times.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back