Electrical Help

67commando

Reaction score
I own a 67 Sport Fury 3 Fasttop 383 commando with A/C, Power steering, power brakes. After paint we are installing the dash. The painter removed the switches and installed them but don't think they're correct. Can someone verify if the head light switch is a 3 position switch or does it just roll with no clicks? Let me know if more or different information is needed.

Also if anyone has a vehicle specific wiring diagram that would be great.

Last edited:
The switch should have a position for off, parking lights and head lights.

If it just "rolls", then the internal spring or detent is broken.

Can this cause issues with the lights not turning on and can it be fixed?

smiley_sign.0799902001454166089.gif

There is a rebuilding service on ebay for the thumbwheel switch. Its not a DIY'er.
NOS can be found but they are expensive and ½ of them are defective.
Used ones are usually crap by this time and even they are expensive.

My thumbwheel is the dimmer i am referring to the actual far left 1st switch.

Best bet is to try to find another switch.

If it can't be found, some guys have been able to pull them apart and repair them, but I'll bet you can find a switch.

Ummm... are we taking about pulling the switch out or turning it?

I just looked up a switch for a 67 Fury. The dash light dimmer is built into the switch and you turn it to dim the dash lights. Pull the switch out for lights.

Edit: I'm not sure the switch I looked at is the right switch for this car. Is it a rocker type switch or a knob?

Last edited:
Nope mine is not a pull style. Mine is a rocket switch with dimmer wheel next to it.

Ummm... are we taking about pulling the switch out or turning it?

I just looked up a switch for a 67 Fury. The dash light dimmer is built into the switch and you turn it to dim the dash lights. Pull the switch out for lights.

Edit: I'm not sure the switch I looked at is the right switch for this car. Is it a rocker type switch or a knob?
When you look up switches for 67/68 from parts stores, they list a universal push/pull/turn switch.
Studio_20160131_140003.jpg

Looks like I need a new switch and play with some wiring as well. Anyone have that switch?

Back