Electronic distributor conversion

blakev42

Reaction score
I’m doing a electronic distributor conversion on a 1965 Chrysler New Yorker and wanted to see if anyone has and pictures on how it’s wired

IMG_1731.jpeg

When I did my '67 Newport 383 4bbl, it was when Chrysler (the REAL Chrysler) was still building and selling the Mopar Performance electronic ignition conversion kits. A new distributor and ALL of the factory wiring to make the system work. All OEM production level quality items, not the licensed ones that are now sold.

It all worked flawlessly. I replaced the Chrysler control box with a new MSD-5C control box and hid it behind the rh frt headlight (with a good ground). Then extended the harness to the cowl, across the cowl, to follow the power wire for an electric choke carburetor I had installed, so unless somebody knows what they are looking at, that extra wire is not seen.

Go to Rick Ehrenberger's eBay store to get new components that are at least as good as the earlier Chrysler-supplied items. A bolt-in situation. With the factory-style harness items, just plug 'n play.

ONE key thing . . . I used the OEM production voltage regulator with my system. After the MP regulator found some prior owner wiring indiscretions which I had to fix. A member in here sells the transistorized voltage regulators (for a cleaner and steady voltage supply) that looks like the OEM item and is a quality item.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Back