Emblem help needed on '67 Newport

Tallhair, what is that grill off of?

Also, on mine and Tallhairs, there are two holes the don't really look like they line up with any of the emblems...any idea what those are for? Are they just to hold the backing plate in place?

I found it on ebag. Ad says 67 Newport ... I'm looking for the ad but having trouble finding it

the extra two holes holes in the backing plate are to attach it to the grill independent of the emblems.

67 newport grill.jpg

67 newport grill.jpg

Update!!! Found a whole front grill this weekend at the MoparMax Car Show/Drag Race/Swap Meet in Cedar Falls, IA. $25 and in better condition! I took the emblems off to and here is the difference2014-09-28_13-35-55_730.jpg

The ones on the left are the correct '67 Newport and the ones on the right, ebay mystery emblems. Front end is finally looking good! Sorry didn't get a pic of that though. But I do have a few pics from the car show in another thread

2014-09-28_13-35-55_730.jpg

Now there's a real mystery!!
Thanks for digging into this and showing us the differences.
I can't see on my tablet but are there part nos. on them?

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty sure those are part numbers. I no longer have access to the backsides though since one set is on my car and the other set is glued to the old grill, gonna make a shop light out of it with some 120v floods in place of the headlights.

Back