Emblem Reproduction

Dan Scully

Reaction score
Looking to reproduce these. Local co can do them in bronze, setup /mold is $200 and then $75.00 per emblem made and then would have to be chromed. Local print shop can do them in plastic. $25.00 setup / cad work $5.00 each to print, that would have to be plastic chromed. The printed one is slightly different font, but for 5 bucks hard to beat.
20221209_165944.jpg
20221209_170008.jpg

I don't get it. What car was "Flxible" put on? (or maybe it wasn't a car?)

So the idea is to 3-d print the hard-to-find (or impossible to find) badge or trim item, then get it chrome plated?

I think it's time to print some arm-rest bases, door lock pulls, maybe some dashboard bezels?

They print shop sent me the cad file for this, they only print plastic. I might try to find a place that can print it in metal.

Just be aware that if they scan the original emblem to print, any defects in the original will need to be cleaned up on the cad file before printing. If the 3 D print is used to make a mold to create a metal replica, be aware that the mold may shrink slightly so the metal copy formed in the mold may be smaller than the original. A buddy reproduces the hood letters for 67 Dodge Coronets, so I've heard about the problems involved. The cost involved is prohibitive, unless you can sell off a large production run of the emblems to break even.

That said, you can find videos on Youtube about reproducing an antique car emblem...

I wonder if you created the silicone mold why couldn't you fill with low temp brazing rod like muggy weld Super Alloy 1 which melt at 350f. Heat gun could do it and is less than silicone melt point. (not sure if mold making silicone is the same)

Back