Emergency flashers stay on

65MonacoND

Reaction score
Swapped out my turn signal switch due to bad ground on my 70 300. Now both turn signals and brake lights work. Issue is hazard lights flash all the time when signal is not applied. I think it was doing it prior as it made the same click sound and my alternator gauge moves back and forth from the current draw if engine is not started. When I signal for a direction then only that light flashes. It is only occurring in the center position where no lights should be on. Any ideas on what could be bad?

Man this is a weird one. OK, the flashers runoff a battery feed thru a flasher to the switch. the turn signals runoff an ignition feed thru a different flasher to the switch. The only place where they connect is the switch. One thing to know first, do you have a standard column or tilt? Couple of things to check, disconnect the switch harness from the dash harness and all should go dead, if it does, you will have to go back into the column and check to see if any of the wires got damaged in such a way to make contact even with the switch open. Would not be the first time a brand new part was bad.

Back