Engine Color

Color

• Total voters
It is a Canadian built car. Did Canadian production cars have red engines?
Yes. There is a guy around here with a 64 Sport Fury, and he is always getting grief for his red 383. Lots of people tell him it's incorrect, but he bought the car new and that's what it was from day 1.

That decides that then, me thinks. Did that include big blocks?
I was editing my post when you replied.
Yes. There is a guy around here with a 64 Sport Fury, and he is always getting grief for his red 383. Lots of people tell him it's incorrect, but he bought the car new and that's what it was from day 1.

That said, I still vote for orange.

Race Hemi orange as a tribute to the max wedge, top of the performance heap for wedge engines.

My second choice would be turquoise.

Last edited:
Race Hemi orange seems like a nice contrast but not too much.
I agree the blue/yellow seems like a mis match.

The contrast between the bright yellow and the Canadian Red engine might be very striking...i officially change my choice but then that and a loonie still doesn't buy anything lol :)

if it came red would go red......l did happen to see a turquoise BB today and it looked pretty good

RVETE5yKJ-a6N-9lPcAtJ--7Bl9SpuF9ryCIbL8P5KmrZ62ROebqNUjvrVsZ3iDclsqaC4mTnWkvMa18CoCBTO6x5IoLATLRAjcvOMcxh181s0SASeVoUYM-BIdvRAhzzW5ZKI0Y57-4mFMsGMbT6-rbGbEIwhtKT6cPjI2AjdkiK1Wh9V32ty6TpuetBbgkp8PDK6FmBj2diTkRjix1uoW-AGx9e1znr_n0YkELoTOTpYdXnUpZ-QMhJgwuP6MXBYHS4j18J3YyFabeT8jdyaAqgaMF571c9xwV1w-0X0ZPwBiqkFSOPPSUfKPjpr4d4YE877GO_kQdNNtmoyfV0EA7oUq7gwKp7NZh8IqiBUt3HfOz8GcJTjkx5CRXQwb6OebHrqiZzeyq5WUC7nsfjABMIJzltxzmm22z5e4x0wPF3UnGffrokGotBE6Br5e0FfVX3djR1BIijHn5Bh1385HVGA7b1v80zYruNAkBTRXq3hQMQ5MDewPTPvojBz-0nxahaZbPOmyt394tUx_NkRKx-ZBK7qKmdjgHwV5Yf-rp8I3L4VYIWAnsToGZmwuDnJpU5LOKxBQ0IhNV9SWpuhzQOL69VZtHhmaiKwrJeFp7cNFM=w1183-h665-no

All of them.

Edit
Except the Hemi.

This is new information.

Are we talking engines assembled in CA?
Engines in cars sold in CA?
Years?
/6. Small and big block?
Why were they different from American sold cars?

Have you considered semi gloss black? That is a colour we paint some of the "mod" engines for the track. I myself don't like seeing a circus of colours when you pop the hood.

Have you considered semi gloss black? That is a colour we paint some of the "mod" engines for the track. I myself don't like seeing a circus of colours when you pop the hood.
I considered doing a black or metallic black, but would rather stay with a factory color.

This is new information.

Are we talking engines assembled in CA?
Engines in cars sold in CA?
Years?
/6. Small and big block?
Why were they different from American sold cars?

No word in French for Tourqoise??? Hold it Tourqoise is French....carry on

Here is Mopar's take on engine colors but no reference to Canadian production...
IMG_5765.jpg

Back