Engineering a windshield solvent reservoir

I have a question.. I drive my cars a lot. Obviously, they don't go out in the winter (our winter is harsh, the roads are white from salt)

I don't think I've ever used the washer in my 300 in the 10 years I've owned it. My '65 Barracuda doesn't even have one.

Do you guys use the washer that much that you really need it to be even working?

It seems I've had to use the wipers almost every year on the way home from Carlisle, but I don't know when I've used the washer.
Driving in the pouring rain at least once in a Carlisle trip is a given...

I am probably not as fastidious as I should be (as you can see from the state of the engine compartment). It seems like a safety item especially with the dry climate here since every time there is a smattering of rain there's dust blowing around beforehand. But honestly it just boils down to I can't stand having a button on the dash that doesn't work.

If its not being used for the windshield then time to set up methanol or water injection...with dash switch as "booster" button.

Even though I have only used the wipers once in the last 11 months of owning my car I also like the idea of having everything working on my car.

I have another question about driving your cars. This winter has been very mild here in central Illinois. The roads have only been salted twice since November in my area. I haven't gone longer than 10 days without driving my car this winter and I'm obsessed about not driving on salty roads. I would like to know how much everyone else has been driving their classic car this winter?

ps. I've also been able to wash my car 4 times since November

Even though I have only used the wipers once in the last 11 months of owning my car I also like the idea of having everything working on my car.

I have another question about driving your cars. This winter has been very mild here in central Illinois. The roads have only been salted twice since November in my area. I haven't gone longer than 10 days without driving my car this winter and I'm obsessed about not driving on salty roads. I would like to know how much everyone else has been driving their classic car this winter?

ps. I've also been able to wash my car 4 times since November
My cars get driven into the garage, battery disconnected, covered and they sit from November until April. When we've had a couple hard rains to wash the roads, the cars come back out. I've never done anything else.

This is an old pic of my company car (back when I worked for a living) and this is why my cars don't see winter.

8HT2GsI.jpg

My cars get driven into the garage, battery disconnected, covered and they sit from November until April. When we've had a couple hard rains to wash the roads, the cars come back out. I've never done anything else.

This is an old pic of my company car (back when I worked for a living) and this is why my cars don't see winter.

View attachment 582433
Do you have any issues re-starting the car after not running it for several months? Do you use a fuel additive?

Do you have any issues re-starting the car after not running it for several months? Do you use a fuel additive?
No and no.

As soon as there's gas in the carb, they light right up. I do use ethanol free gas, but I don't think it really makes a difference.

It's uncover, check the oil, connect the battery and fire it up. Then I check the tires and I'm off. Zero problems.

I use stabil 360 marine in everything. Definitely makes a difference in my small engines that are less cared for. I couldn't say for sure if the Fury benefits from it. I have forgotten and it started just fine.
1676637149653.png

THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! But, hey it works, right? However, after seeing your contraption, I will add an extra prayer for a repop just for you, along with my own wish for the repop! Get-er-done!

I think the whole C Body washer bottle obsession started after one sold for almost $500 on ebay some years back. Then everyone started to notice their’s deteriorating, coupled with the cost of NOS and the lack of a decent repop (it seems that maybe 10 years ago there were reproductions for like $20, then they stopped) and panic set in. I agree, it’s probably an accessory most of us will never use, but that big empty space needs something, and stock equipment fills the bill. I like originality, and I like the look of the original bottle, but could care less about points at a show since I’ve upgraded enough components in my car to be far from original. I guess if I hadn’t found a decent one that cost me nothing, I would have retro fit a later more available unit and called it a day.

Quick story on the two that I have, The parts car came with a decent one. Then I picked up a ‘73 NYB parts car for the power antenna (which ended up in the trash) and a visually decent bottle that had a neck crack. After getting the car home I began pulling it apart and low and behold another very nice bottle was stuffed behind the rear seat! Sold the cracked one for the princely sum of $50, and made more than enough in NYB parts to cover the rest of the cost.

As for the button on the dash, back in the day we used to reroute the washer hose to point out the grill and squirt unsuspecting pedestrians crossing in front at a stop light. Fun times!

If people are getting tired of waiting send me your mostly intact brittle survivor and I'll coat it with clear UV resin and make it water tight again......I even have new-ish black lids. Missing corners are no problem. It will need to be painted once done by the owner.

If people are getting tired of waiting send me your mostly intact brittle survivor and I'll coat it with clear UV resin and make it water tight again......I even have new-ish black lids. Missing corners are no problem. It will need to be painted once done by the owner.
That is a very generous offer, what would you charge for this service?

Im thinking $15 should more than cover mtrls plus whatever shipping is .

Back