Every time I restart the car I get lifter noise under 1st acceleration

2nao5eq.jpg

Sure it isn't detonation?
I thought that is was at first but decided it was lifter noise and not pinging, especially when it goes away and never came back after that first minute or so.

Did you run down to AutoZone and get the Tiger Piss yet?
Waiting to see if it helped...

$(KGrHqV,!nUE8VgDu!N7BPl-NPMJ4Q~~60_35.JPG

Last edited:
Did you run down to AutoZone and get the Tiger Piss yet?
Waiting to see if it helped...

$(KGrHqV,!nUE8VgDu!N7BPl-NPMJ4Q~~60_35.JPG

Thanks for posting I was going to ask what kind of "tiger piss" to ask for. I just made a list of things to get a Autozone. I probably will run it on Wednesday, it is suppose to be in the mid 60's and no rain. I will post the results then.

You guys are killing me :icon_axe:
What, you wanna talk about cars or something?

Do you let it warm up for 5 minutes before you drive it? Valve train chatter is pretty common in a cold V8. My Z71 chattered like crazy from day one & my brand new Ram chatters unless I let it warm up before driving. I have always & will always let my cars warm up before I drive them, regardless of the weather.

What, you wanna talk about cars or something?

Do you let it warm up for 5 minutes before you drive it? Valve train chatter is pretty common in a cold V8. My Z71 chattered like crazy from day one & my brand new Ram chatters unless I let it warm up before driving. I have always & will always let my cars warm up before I drive them, regardless of the weather.
Actually I’m used to hijacked posts I would have been surprised if it hadn’t. I was enjoying the banter, my comment was all tongue and cheek.
This was on Saturday when the engine never cooled down. I was basically running errands and visiting friends. It became a good way for it to reveal itself, because I became conscious of the problem and realized it didn’t vary from each start and stop

Back