Exhaust tailpipe hangers

74Monaco CHP

Reaction score
Looking for left and right over the axle tailpipe hangers checked a few exhaust sources with no luck. The right side is the worse. I notice there are ones for up to 73 c-body (right) will they work? Thanks

I have gone through this.
1. Nobody is repopping those hangers.
2. Earlier C-body hangers will NOT work. I have 1 or two on the shelf so it's a AMHIK thing.
3. The odds of you finding an original left hanger are worse than you hitting Megabucks.
4. It's a moot point because the L and R are interchangeable.
5. You'll just have to search for the best used ones you can find.
6. Bought a pr. of NOS ones about six years ago. Have not seen any since.

I have one Formal hanger left on the shelf. It's staying there. Sorry.
These will work if you are willing to do some fabrication to mount it to the frame.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-1970-r...ash=item541bbfbb1a:g:WRwAAOSwcu5UP-dR&vxp=mtr
s-l1600.jpg

If you decide to adapt B-body hangers, make sure your tail pipe O.D. matches the hanger clamp I.D.

Use of those hangers will require modification of the stock tailpipes themselves..... but a much easier mod than hacking up some universal brackets and hangers = basically have a couple of hanger rods welded to the pipes - and off you go !! Even better = replace the ratty tail pipes with a new set of TTI's!!

Oops, just read that TTI's work up until 73.....damn it

Valley Vintage has been one of the best kept secrets, along with Dawson. Now, theyre both out of the bag..... damn it

"I don't see why the tail pipes require modification"

The tti hangers require rods welded to the tailpipes to fit the rubber grommet type hanger

"I don't see why the tail pipes require modification"

The tti hangers require rods welded to the tailpipes to fit the rubber grommet type hanger
That's why one quotes the post one is responding to. Less confusing.
And I can't really call welding a rod to the tail pipe "modifying the tail pipe".
Semantics, I guess...

Back