extreme brakes

• Thread starter Deleted member 5491
  • Start date
I dont have a camera (broke) I finally got to drive the car more than a few feet and its just the right front locking up, that should be easier to repair.
And that's why we ask questions first before loading the gelatin onto the catapult.

I think once you get that drum pulled you will find either the wheel cylinder is slobbering fluid onto the shoes or the grease seal is FUBAR and the shoes have grease on them or both.

Either way contaminated shoes = instant wheel lock.

Kevin

Now somebody is going to offer advice using the Throwing Jello Onto The Wall And See What Sticks method . . .
I prefer to throw spaghetti at the wall... probably why I like wiring so much.
I think I'll change the brakes

I just got this car- the former owner stated he'd replaced the booster and master cylinder- they are new, I don't think he got into the wheels, he said he thought it had air -needed to be bled. its a drum brake '65 Monaco wagon (for sale) beings I didn't see the power booster he removed I cannot compare to what it should be. the single line master cylinder is correct.
as I did get to drive it around the block -after I sent the first question-the severe braking is only at the right front wheel, I'll address that and see what I find. thanks for the input.
Yes, please start with a quick drum removal and inspection... lots of good theories here, but not time for guessing. If I were in your position, I would inspect all 4 wheels brakes and lines carefully... single circuit brake failures are no joke.

it does not stay locked, locks when brakes touched.

and thats why I ran the question to the group- more input= better path to follow. my other car has 2 wheel brakes and stops better,but it's only 1800 lbs, 2000 HP
And that's why we ask questions first before loading the gelatin onto the catapult.

and thats why I ran the question to the group- more input= better path to follow. my other car has 2 wheel brakes and stops better,but it's only 1800 lbs, 2000 HP
Does that make the Polara a future tow vehicle? Like that avatar too...

Back