Factory 4-Speed-C-Body-Photo-Thread

And stumbled across another car a few minutes ago, by chance.
4-speed Cs are everywhere when you're NOT looking for them!

Car is owned by @haywire 440. Is a former Don Rook car. This one has the veneered console top plate.

Cat’s Out Of The Bag, ‘65 300L Manual Trans, A/C and More

View attachment 574799

View attachment 574800
@fury fan I’m glad you added the Cat to this thread. I’ve been reading it since it was started by @Dick Landy and thought I should add this 300 that I’m so happy to have a chance to own but failed to get around to it.

There’s many entertaining and informative posts on this site including “Special” Editions by @amazinblue82 and a new guy @Isaiah Estrada who is elbow deep in a cool, well documented project and includes videos. It’s an incredible site.

One thing cool with my ‘65 is that the build sheet is under the rear seat which I had removed. Certainly retrieving that piece of paper is on my mind but there’s many items to check out first. Update will be posted on my post but if I find something interesting it will be here too! Oh, while the L was up in the air on the car lift the rear tire was hand spun and the opposite one moved in the same direction so it’s a sure-grip center section rearend.
Later, haywire 440

@fury fan I’m glad you added the Cat to this thread.
You're welcome.
I've had some contemplation for whether to add other folks' cars into here, but I figured if they already posted it somewhere else on FCBO, FB, etc, that there was no invasion of privacy if I duplicated it into here.
And not everybody sees everything on here - this thread ran for a few months before I stumbled on it.

If these are currently out on teh 'net somewhere, PLEASE post the link so we can review them more if we want.
Of course, I hope you can see the clip, too:

And the list goes on..found in the internet:

45007731zg.jpg

45007732gh.jpg

This ‘67 Dodge is getting close to my dream car. But it has a later’68 padded horn cover. I am still partial to the ‘68 interior. I guess when you grow up in that atmosphere you get biased.
Could it be that the steering wheel centre is a Jan 1 67 thing and was continued into the 68 model year?

Could it be that the steering wheel centre is a Jan 1 67 thing and was continued into the 68 model year?

For Dodges- Model year’67 and Model year ‘68 until January 1 ‘68 used the pretty shiny horn cap. US safety regulations dictated the change to the padded horn cap after Jan ‘68. So ‘68 model year has both, ‘67 model year all, should have the shiny one. I honestly don’t know the details of cars that may have been made in Canada.
When I see a fender tag on a ‘68 I check the date and then the horn cap. I have noticed the correlation. There was a bulletin or info sheet that I found somewhere that lead me to that discovery.

Volume on this thread is pretty decent.
While looking at one that somebody posted on here, I found another one on the same site. I had seen it before, but it was not in my records. (it is now)

This one seems legitimate due to AB=80 and D=3, the FT is for a 426-4spd car.
Has had $$ put into places that likely won't translate into value, though (alum heads, valve covers, headers) so probably won't gather the $16,495 asking price.

For Sale: 1965 Plymouth Fury III in Cadillac, Michigan
1673481922553.png

31970523-1965-plymouth-fury-iii-std.jpg

31970526-1965-plymouth-fury-iii-std.jpg

31970508-1965-plymouth-fury-iii-std.jpg

31970522-1965-plymouth-fury-iii-std.jpg

BTW - I think I have one of these laying around, but for passenger side. Nice shape but the anodizing is faded.
PM me if interested?

edit - Oops, forgot the pic.
1673531387174.png

Last edited:
Volume on this thread is pretty decent.
While looking at one that somebody posted on here, I found another one on the same site. I had seen it before, but it was not in my records. (it is now)

This one seems legitimate due to AB=80 and D=3, the FT is for a 426-4spd car.
Has had $$ put into places that likely won't translate into value, though (alum heads, valve covers, headers) so probably won't gather the $16,495 asking price.

For Sale: 1965 Plymouth Fury III in Cadillac, Michigan
View attachment 575692
View attachment 575693
View attachment 575694
View attachment 575695
View attachment 575696
I find the Fury III about $5k too expensive. A lot of money and work is still needed until the fully restored one is there and as a real survivor it's just not good enough anymore. A Fury III with 426ci 4-speed is likely to be even rarer than a Sport Fury with the same powertrain, but also less popular. I probably wouldn't care if it was an SF or a Fury III if I had the opportunity to buy a 426ci 4-speed in the condition I wanted. I think the long shifter in combination with the bench is very cool. Buckets and console don't really matter to me.

I don't think we've had this one in here yet: the 'famous' 440 J-code 4-speed Fury station wagon.
I remember this one FS several times some years ago. Glad to see it lives with somebody here and is being restored.

@livinginharrow - it's your turn for a moment in the sun.

Build thread here:
66 fury j code 440 4 speed wagon. numbers matching factory disc brakes and stuff.

View attachment 575711
View attachment 575712
View attachment 575713

View attachment 575714
The wagon is a remarkable one-off. I didn't know the car until just now and I'm surprised that it was often offered online a few years ago, which I missed.

What I see, when I read the 2013 resto thread, is a solid and rust free unrestored 1 of 1 being completely disassembled and not rebuilt to original. I find that (for my opinion) very unfortunate. Had this rarity gotten into my hands I would have gently and safely bring it back it to roadworthy condition, leaving it as original and unrestored as possible. I'm sure the original paint could have been saved and the tailgate painted according to taste and requirements. They are original ones. It's a shame, but I think a unique survivor was killed here. :-(

Last edited:
The wagon is a remarkable one-off. I didn't know the car until just now and I'm surprised that it was often offered online a few years ago, which I missed.

What I see, when I read the 2013 resto thread, is a solid and rust free unrestored 1 of 1 being completely disassembled and not rebuilt to original. I find that (for my opinion) very unfortunate. Had this rarity gotten into my hands I would have gently and safely bring it back it to roadworthy condition, leaving it as original and unrestored as possible. I'm sure the original paint could have been saved and the tailgate painted according to taste and requirements. They are original ones. It's a shame, but I think a unique survivor was killed here. :-(
I chose to do a nut and bolt resto according to my tastes. it will be a killer of a ride when done. i have every single original part for this wagon down to the wheels and hubcaps . original exhaust manifolds intake carb dual snorkel breather etc. even the single juice jar master cylinder. nothing unfortunate here my friend and nothing killed.

Back