Factory 4-Speed-C-Body-Photo-Thread

LocuMob --
Right on! At times, this whole safety business approaches the ridiculous. I'm reminded of the Detroit wheel who responded to Ralphie Nader with, "We do currently manufacture vehicles that meet Mr. Nader's standards; they're called Patton tanks." I also subscribe to Teddy Roosevelt's, "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither nor defeat." I've done some spanking (as well as getting spanked:() at drag strips as well at a stop light Grand Prix or two, but one of my fondest memories is blowing away a '65 Goat (that's a Pontiac GTO to Ayilar) the night I took delivery of my first '65 Sport Fury on 11-21-1965; I was indicating about 85 as we passed the court house in my old home town and he was in my rear view mirror.
Joe Godec
'57 Chrysler 300C, '60 Fury SonoRamic, '65 Vette Fuelie, '65 Sport Fury 426S/4-speed

Yes, this post is for factory 4-speed C-bodies from 1965 to 1968 only, but today it is time for one exception ;-)

It didn't left the facotry this way, but the drivetrain was installed by a dealer (and I don't know when):

46883860df.jpg

46883872ob.jpg

46883873kl.jpg

Yes, this post is for factory 4-speed C-bodies from 1965 to 1968 only, but today it is time for one exception ;-)

It didn't left the facotry this way, but the drivetrain was installed by a dealer (and I don't know when):

View attachment 636742

View attachment 636743

View attachment 636744

From much discussion on FB and here on FCBO, as far as I have been able to make out in the past few years after I came across this car is that this was one of the dealer fabricated Chrysler test mules for the proposed (but cancelled) 66 300 Hemi M. If memory serves, it was fabricated at a performance oriented dealership in Texas, but I could be wrong. This car has all the engine bay "get in the way stuff" installed like disc brakes and AC (but not Autopilot) that they needed to be able to work with, since all of which were likely to be ordered by people purchasing a top line Chrysler product without moving to Imperial.

The Hemi M was propsed in early '65, but was cancelled shortly thereafter, presumably due to the projected lack of sales due to the known performance gain advantages that were far greater in the lighter B body, and the cons for buyers with the need for the hemi to be constantly maintained (something a luxury car driver likely did NOT want to do) plus the Nascar turmoil surrounding the Hemi and the move by Chrysler to B bodies for Nascar. All of this is supported by testimony from the original owner of my 66 440 4-speed Monaco which was originally ordered as a 66 Hemi 4 speed car in Calgary AB due to the excitement generated within the dealer network about the proposed 300 Hemi M. He worked at the dealership, and one of his work buddies attended a trade show in California where they announced the proposal for the Hemi M.

He got all excited, and placed an order for a special order 66 Monaco with Hemi and 4 speed, and the order was processed, the deposit paid. However, after the cancellation of the model line, the Monaco was delivered with the 440 instead.

If anyone questions this story, all I can say is that I have no proof, just the word of the original owner of my car, whom I have no reason to doubt.

As well, a few C pillar 300M badges do exist...

Last edited:
Further to our post about the Chrysler hemi mule wagon - I wish they'd taken the time to deal with Autopilot as an option for 4 speed cars - it's a simple switch on the clutch pedal arm - reverse to what's on the brake pedal... the switch is ON (circuit closed) when the pedal is up (using a momentary button switch, pushed up tight against a stop), and as soon as the pedal moves, the switch opens the circuit and disables the Autopilot engagement. Simple, and it's tied into the brake pedal disconnect harness.

Last edited:
46931591pa.jpg
This is the most expensive slab-side coupe I've ever seen:

[/URL]

It was sold last week for $82.5k @mecum / Kissimee

[/URL]
46931594yv.jpg
  • 59,806 miles
  • 1 of 96 produced
  • 413/360 HP V-8 engine
  • Dealer installed dual 4-barrel carburetors
  • Factory 4-speed manual transmission
  • Retains most of its original code BBI Black paint
  • Code P4R original Red interior
  • Bucket seats with console
  • Rechromed front and rear bumper
  • Power steering
  • Power brakes
  • Sure-Grip rear differential
  • Heavy duty suspension
  • New Chrome Rally wheels with P235/70R15 inch Redline tires
  • Special ordered from Kunkles Chrysler in Belmont, Pennsylvania
  • Original window sticker
  • Original fender tag
  • Original build sheet
  • Copy of original title and original temporary registration
  • Chrysler FM radio facts book
  • 1st Place Award at 2023 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals
  • Celebrity Choice Award at 2023 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

For 20k $$ on Facebook

46979829cb.jpg

46979830bi.jpg

46979831xn.jpg

46979832wl.jpg

46979833rh.jpg

46979834ua.jpg

46979835xj.jpg

46979836ze.jpg

46979837js.jpg

46979838nk.jpg

46979839qd.jpg

"65 sport fury with a 426 max wedge engine 4 speed. Car is all original have extra parts in trunk. Runs and moves but needs looked over. Asking $20000 obo"

For 20k $$ on Facebook

'65 sport fury with a 426 max wedge engine 4 speed. Car is all original have extra parts in trunk. Runs and moves but needs looked over. Asking $20000 obo"
Lads --
It's interesting to me that someone put those Max Wedge decals on the valve covers because a previous owner of my car, also a '65 SF with the 426S and 4-speed, did the same. It's no biggie, by any means, just interesting.
Joe Godec
'57 Chrysler 300C, '60 Fury SonoRamic, '65 Vette Fuelie, '65 Sport Fury 426S/4-speed

.....another but with 383

46979847kd.jpg

46979848jc.jpg

46979849fm.jpg

46979850xa.jpg

46979851md.jpg

46979852nd.jpg

65 Plymouth Sport Fury

All original 383/ manual four speed transmission. Posi Rear End.

Original paint (Patina)

No body rust. / Original floor boards (no rust)

(Re built 383) 6.3 L 30 over pistons / 10/10 over crank and rods.

New alternator, starter, clutch, fly wheel, water pump / electric distributor, power steering box and pump . / front disc brake kit / rear shoes and slave cylinder.

Over $15,000 in new parts / front seat covers & pads/ windshield and gasket / all new door and window rubber seals & headliner

/ radio with 4 speakers.

Tires (5)

Have receipts for everything / including machine work.

$22,000.00

Volume on this thread is pretty decent.
While looking at one that somebody posted on here, I found another one on the same site. I had seen it before, but it was not in my records. (it is now)

This one seems legitimate due to AB=80 and D=3, the FT is for a 426-4spd car.
Has had $$ put into places that likely won't translate into value, though (alum heads, valve covers, headers) so probably won't gather the $16,495 asking price.

For Sale: 1965 Plymouth Fury III in Cadillac, Michigan
View attachment 575692
View attachment 575693
View attachment 575694
View attachment 575695
View attachment 575696
This Sport Fury is now sold to Jeff Dray. Saw it on Facebook - Plymouth Fury Owners Group

Back