Factory 4-Speed-C-Body-Photo-Thread

Scott, Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Weekly car show every Sunday in Winnipeg. I went once in early fall.
Yes my single digit dodge.
Originally a seized poly/727
I have no idea who did this video. I didn't see it done. And I'm pissed that I missed watching people do the double take.
He has some C body knowledge.
he either missed or forgot to mention the edelbrock heads and shifter handle.

Scott, Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Weekly car show every Sunday in Winnipeg. I went once in early fall.
Yes my single digit dodge.
Originally a seized poly/727
I have no idea who did this video. I didn't see it done. And I'm pissed that I missed watching people do the double take.
He has some C body knowledge.
he either missed or forgot to mention the edelbrock heads and shifter handle.
Most definitely a one of one car!

Was looking through my old pics & saw this one, can't remember the details, maybe someone knows. At any rate, kind of the ultimate 300L, a real stunner.

1965-Chrysler-300-L-Black-Cnvrt-4-Spd-1.jpg
1965-Chrysler-300-L-Black-Cnvrt-4-Spd-25.jpg
1965-Chrysler-300-L-Black-Cnvrt-4-Spd-29.jpg
1965-Chrysler-300-L-Black-Cnvrt-4-Spd-48.jpg
1965-Chrysler-300-L-Black-Cnvrt-4-Spd-49.jpg
1965-Chrysler-300-L-Black-Cnvrt-4-Spd-50.jpg

I’m looking at potentially buying a 68 Fury lll factory 4 speed. It’s missing the 4 speed set up. Where the shifter handle and linkage specific to the C body? Or did they share parts with any of the others like a 68 B body?

He's not joking.
Also, are you willing to remove the left fender to weld a bracket onto the stub frame?
The bracket is still there. It’s missing the transmission, bellhousing, shifter mechanism/handle and linkage.

B body trans is same. You need a bellhousing with a hole that corresponds with input shaft housing of the trans.
B shifter mechanism is same, linkage as well.
C body handle is different. A B handle can be tweaked to work.
Brewer's performance web site catalog would give you info

If the shifter hump is missing, that's a 66-68 C-body-only piece, and not easy to find. Hopefully it's still there.

I see @ayilar has come full-circle, from Fusey-focus and 'last of the convertibles' to dabbling in Slabs and 4-speeds.
I knew you'd see the light eventually. :)
Safety, not just looks, is why I stick to 1969+ automobiles. Brakes and other stuff mandated that really raised the likelihood of survival. The main reason why I do not own a 1965 Cadillac de Ville or Eldorado convertible is because of the non-collapsible steering wheel.

Love the 1965 Chryslers and 1965 Monaco 2dr. But I won't buy any for that reason.

Famous last words?

Safety, not just looks, is why I stick to 1969+ automobiles. Brakes and other stuff mandated that really raised the likelihood of survival. The main reason why I do not own a 1965 Cadillac de Ville or Eldorado convertible is because of the non-collapsible steering wheel.

Love the 1965 Chryslers and 1965 Monaco 2dr. But I won't buy any for that reason.

Famous last words?
Leave my Slabs alone!!! :poke:

As long as I have some amount of brakes in the car, I love my Slabs and I'm not worried about the column in the least bit.

Back