Fair price for long ram intakes?

Jeepsterhemi

Reaction score
Is 800$ CAD a fair price for these:

Intakes 1961 C body #194 7162 & #194 7163
Carbs Carter AFB #2903S M9 date code (both of them)

No shipping, already in my place.
Not for a restauration.

Long Ram 02.jpg
Long Ram 01.jpg

Are these yours.?
Did you buy them and seeing if you got a good price.
Are you selling them and asking what would be a fair price?
The five W's please

There ARE parts missing.
Do you have the resources to find the missing parts?
Did you inspect for cracks and welds.?
Can your restore carburetors?
What do you want to use them on?

There ARE parts missing.
Do you have the resources to find the missing parts?
No

Did you inspect for cracks and welds.?
No cracks or welds

Can your restore carburetors?
No

What do you want to use them on?
On a rod project

They belongs to my friend and are store at my place.

800 Canadian for what is there if in good condition isn't a bad price at all, but be prepared to pay a fair bit more to make the system complete. Then again you may get lucky hunting for the rest of the bits.

imagine those will clean up nicely and hopefully carbs are rebuildable not a bad start for 800

That's not a bad price for those, I seen a set on CL a short time ago for a thousand bucks. And didn't have carbs, also had a broken mounting flange on one of the bolt holes

the asking prices if seen have been over the top for a good complete setup... IDK about selling prices though... your deal seems pretty good to me.

Visually you're missing both the balance plates and the bell crank and some linkage. New balance plates are available from JCRestorations near Seattle, Wa. but you'll still have to custom fit them to your rams. Notice the inner portion of your ram tubes where they bolt to the heads there is a 1/2" half circle cut in each one. You'll have to scribe line on each balance plate after you buy them, cut and then carve the other 1/2 hole in you new plates corresponding to the half hole that is in the ram tubes. Then you'll have to find the bell crank and linkage your missing that isn't attached to another set of rams. You might want to talk to the seller to come up with those missing pieces, Jer

Back