For Sale Fast & Furious Charger Stunt Car for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
If you are going to Spring Carlisle.....

It last sold in 2015 for $181k.

And it has a Chebbie 350 with a fake 6-71. Jeeeez!!!

Stunt car used in 'Fast and Furious' movies heads to Carlisle Auctions

1490721861703.jpg

That's a franchise that I never thought had any legs yet, even I like the movies now. They've gotten better as the numbers go up

Yep except the first FnF was funny when the Diesel VIN says "his dad lost his life in turn 2 of a prostock race". Hold on, back up, WTF!!! Correct me if i'm wrong but a prostock race is a drag race isnt it?? There is NO turn #2 !!!!
Yeah corn man, real corn.

I think they said that because its the first fnf, and the writers prob didnt know what they were talking about.

Well actually there is a turn 2 but that's after the race is over and you're turning to go onto the return Road usually at about 5 miles an hour

Blah. I wouldn't give 10K for the car as it is. Clearly not a car for a car guy but for someone hung up on chasing stars.

The youngsters like to count shifts... apparently the first mitsi was an 18 speed... I personally am still trying to figure out why the floor on the passenger side was aluminum diamond plate and how nitrous oxide made the rivets pop off.

Those movies are mildly amusing, but are some of the worst automotive fiction out there. They play well into the popular youth culture that still thinks street racing is a good idea and has no idea how a car works. Neither of the lead characters ever had a line in any movie that was reasonable from a technical viewpoint, but the kids just won't stop quoting them.

The deceased ephebophile has done other movies with excessive shifting of an automatic... the youngsters eat it up.

As to the car... another fool and his money situation... but I would bet there are plenty of fools who want this one.

You're looking at it one sided and closed minded . How many of our favorite movies/shows shirt more times than you can count or are always pushing the pedal to the floor despite doing it in the last scene?

There is a car culture out there besides the old ones and they know their stuff. OBVIOUSLY not all kids but you'd be pleasantly surprised.

As for the rivets, , theatrics. It's unlikely that the deer in the Santa Clause could fly but it made for a better, more exciting movie that they did.

That's a franchise that I never thought had any legs yet, even I like the movies now. They've gotten better as the numbers go up

Mr C disagrees with me, good franchise or you liked the early ones?

These FnF movies suck!!!

I'll take an old school car movie like Vanishing Point or Crazy Mary and Dirty Larry and others any day before watching any of the FnF.

I'm not sure I saw any of them after the first and only vaguely remember it. I'd watch 3 American pickers reruns back to back before tuning in to one of those.

The youngsters like to count shifts... apparently the first mitsi was an 18 speed... I personally am still trying to figure out why the floor on the passenger side was aluminum diamond plate and how nitrous oxide made the rivets pop off.

Those movies are mildly amusing, but are some of the worst automotive fiction out there. They play well into the popular youth culture that still thinks street racing is a good idea and has no idea how a car works. Neither of the lead characters ever had a line in any movie that was reasonable from a technical viewpoint, but the kids just won't stop quoting them.

The deceased ephebophile has done other movies with excessive shifting of an automatic... the youngsters eat it up.

As to the car... another fool and his money situation... but I would bet there are plenty of fools who want this one.
Very true but one also has to ask, how many gears did steve mcqueen have in that 68 mustang GT fastback ?? And that movie was made in 1968 LOL

But McQueen was driving and the scenes were legit, staged yes but legit.

Thats true, but somebody had to edit the film, and dub in sound etc, then someone had to approve the editing and sound for production. I have this movie in my collection and absolutely love it, but theres some crazy **** in the chase scene. Theres one point where from a building second or 3rd floor view he makes a left hander when going slow following the charger, the same left hand turn same spot during the chase, is actually the low speed footage speeded up. Passing the same VW beetle twice, makes that RH turn to get on the freeway and magically a car appears where ine wasnt before.

Granted its a great movie, but lots of stuff was cut, edited, dubbed in to make that chase scene. Yes steve mcqueen did his own stunts. The great escape where he tries to get away on the motorcycle comes to mind as well as piloting a porsche 917 in LeMans as well.

So how many gears does a 390 GT mustang with a toploader really have? My guess is 4.

Last edited:
Thoses movies are just a POS script Drowned in special effects and a Excuse to destroy old cars.

These FnF movies suck!!!

I'll take an old school car movie like Vanishing Point or Crazy Mary and Dirty Larry and others any day before watching any of the FnF.
Dont Forget Duel. All that movie is, is a Valiant and a Truck and it still could beat any F&F movie by leaps and Bounds.

You're looking at it one sided and closed minded . How many of our favorite movies/shows shirt more times than you can count or are always pushing the pedal to the floor despite doing it in the last scene?

There is a car culture out there besides the old ones and they know their stuff. OBVIOUSLY not all kids but you'd be pleasantly surprised.

As for the rivets, , theatrics. It's unlikely that the deer in the Santa Clause could fly but it made for a better, more exciting movie that they did.
I don't really disagree, I do have a closed mind about the stupidity of these movies... and I agree they have an entertainment value. I may have given up on the entire mess, but I knew a young man who got to be involved in the build of a car that wound up with a bit part in the Mexico movie. Still a fan of cigar lighters that spring to the back seat and mysterious nitrous oxide explosions (displaces oxygen below approx 1200* F)Compressed Gas Association

As to the reindeer... Tim Allen tends to get the details right... If Rudolf was supposed to have a turbocharger... I feel confident he would have pointed it out. Love the SHO he drove, wanted to buy one of the many casualties at the dealer back then... never found the right deal. Do not want one as a collectable... they were headaches to own, but nice labor to keep running.

Bad franchise overall IMO. I don't think these movies have gotten better with time.
Definitely not better, but much bigger budgets and silly 007 like scripts written by 12 year olds. They have the adrenaline overload action sequences that seem to be the requirement since Die Hard and the second Terminator movie (still love the first lower budget suspense version).

I admit I will continue to watch all of the car movies, including FNF, if for no other reason than to understand what the children are talking about. Many of them are hard to watch once though... I could watch McQueen and Fonda again happily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back