Feedback welcome ’69 300 convert. (not posting on FB groups for privacy reasons)

hi thanks for your comments. good question. I'll have to check on it, thanks for pointing that out.

further update on my 300.

well, guys, it's been a little bittersweet on the car. At the risk of embarrassment, I'll admit up front I am not a mechanic and don't do any of my work.

anyway, few updates:

the leaf spring wasn't twisted, it looks like a piece of leather (?) not sure what that's about.

when i filled up the gas tank, it leaked l like a sieve, i did know previous work had been done to the tank before i bought it as well as some trans leaks, etc. I' getting a new tank installed, also the shop took care of my light systems, it had some issues.

then, first time we tried the top the glass window shattered to pieces, so looking what a vinyl may cost if cheaper but also want to verify the tops is going up and down decently. pretty much can't put any more into it at this time, and don't think it'd be a good idea. I like the car, but as you may know I'd really prefer an original "Crimson" 300 with white interior, but I realize they don't grow on trees either. and doubt if i could keep both if something else came along. so, in the meantime, just seeing what happens, hoping the drivetrain may hold out for at least short weekend cruises/shows. you said you like photos, so I did take some underneath while the tank was being put on. as you can see, still have issues with oil/anti freeze leaks. So, hopefully the top functions, perhaps I'll found out today. I sort of thought if it didn't, to just not bother putting in another window yet, until i get around to getting the top working. anyway, it "seems" fairly solid to me underneath (didn't take a hammer to the two rust spots on the rails, but I think they look sold?) but feel free to offer feedback/advice, etc. i suppose i sort of bought this one so I could have something in case prices did go much higher, but probably a dumb move. not that i don't like the car, but it's proved to have more mechanical issues than I'd hoped for. and it does have north of 100K on it and runs and drives, but I'm sure it's "pretty tired." well anyway, sorry for the "book" I wrote here, but enjoy getting great information from you guys and gals on here that are the experts.
Dale

100_5373.jpg100_5374.jpg100_5375.jpg100_5376.jpg100_5377.jpg100_5378.jpg100_5379.jpg100_5380.jpg

hi thanks for your comments. good question. I'll have to check on it, thanks for pointing that out.

100_5373.jpg

100_5374.jpg

100_5375.jpg

100_5376.jpg

100_5377.jpg

100_5378.jpg

100_5379.jpg

100_5380.jpg

looks like the frame has been plated here
attachment.php

but it looks like a decent job.

poke around from here back on both sides and make sure the rails are solid
attachment.php

floor pans look really nice. looks like normal leaks etc. that need to be repaired on an old car.

also, I know this always gets a bit "hairy" on here, but is there anyone can offer a rough value?
thanks.

thank you, sir. yeah, i went ahead and paid asking, rather than holding out.

thanks again for your comments

Dale

You are going to spend some money, but you have a car that is well worth it in my opinion. I had a 69 300 Pilot car that I bought in 1974. It had pretty much every available option and two tags. One of my great car regrets is selling it. (My rear window once shattered for no apparent reason when I put the top down too)

12-28-2012 10;25;27 PM.jpg

12-28-2012 10;25;27 PM.jpg

thanks, Bryan (My first name by the way, and same spelling) very nice 300, as you may have saw I'm a sucker for the original red (Crimson) and that's really what I want, so I may end up selling this one (I'm sure for a loss) to find something better. maybe silly, but the fact taht some frame work had been done also bugs me, but i guess that's usually pretty common. thanks again for your feedback, great info.

Dale

Back