Feeling My Age!

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I'm 65 and feel every year of it! Painted my Grandsons car this morning. After two days of prep work got out there at 5 am to spray it. All the up and downs spraying it kicked my ***. I'm sure part of it is not doing it for a couple of years but I used to paint a couple of transit buses a week no problem. Now I can barely do a little Honda without dying. Ok, I'm done complaining, I'm going to go sit in a rocker with a blanket on my lap and stare at the wall.
PXL_20220615_150912066.jpg
PXL_20220615_150922010.jpg
PXL_20220615_150956637.jpg
PXL_20220615_151006458.jpg

I'm 65 and feel every year of it! Painted my Grandsons car this morning. After two days of prep work got out there at 5 am to spray it. All the up and downs spraying it kicked my ***. I'm sure part of it is not doing it for a couple of years but I used to paint a couple of transit buses a week no problem. Now I can barely do a little Honda without dying. Ok, I'm done complaining, I'm going to go sit in a rocker with a blanket on my lap and stare at the wall.
View attachment 537872View attachment 537873View attachment 537874View attachment 537875
You still have it though, paint looks great!

View attachment 537872View attachment 537873View attachment 537874View attachment 537875

Excellent work as usual Will!

I bet your Grandson is happy as hell!

It looks great. I wish I had your talent.

So I have an air conditioned bay in my new garage that I'm thinking about converting to a paint booth. When you and the wifey stop by our place on your way to Florida, I'd love some pointers on set up...and my 300 may be in there with a spray gun and a full can of Persian White for you to "test the air flow".

I know that feeling every Saturday afternoon as I spend it on the Hornet from 9-5. Steel decks are brutal. Climbing ladders many times in the day is brutal. This past Saturday was bad as I had to climb to the top of the mast to untangle flags and send them down. Then back and forth across the hanger deck trying to get it all together to paint some window frames. Primer gun works fine but color gun needs the fitting swapped and I need the vice to hold the gun steady to remove. Down to deck 3 and back to deck 2 three times. Then to the back of hanger 3 because someone felt the need to turn off the ship's compressor. Finally done and when heading back to hanger three from hanger one and in the middle of hanger two I can tell I am about to go down face first if I don't stop and sit down so I had to for a 1/2 hour. The pain was bad. The Army is on board and one young fellow came up and asked if I needed help and I declined saying I'll be up as soon as the lower back muscles relax. Happens every Saturday around 5:00 PM. That Saturday was very bad cause I couldn't do any car work on Sunday except relax on the patio all day. At least the frames came out nice like the car. Painted them dove gray.

Back