Fender top turn signals mounting issue! 67 Chrysler 300, What am I missing?

Camshaft

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
All: finalizing some wiring issues and attempting to mount the fender top turn signals. I have the wiring with the triangular amber lenses, and the chrome top, but it seems like there should be a small plate that goes on the inside of the fender to hold everything together? Anyone have any photos of this or am I doing something wrong? Appreciate any thoughts. C Shaft

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

I think this link would make things clearer:

You're missing the plastic insert in the fender. Nobody makes them. Chrysler probably never sold that part separately, it was included with the indicator assembly.

fender turn indicator.JPG

Jeff

Maybe make a flat plate to hold up the lens with a hole drilled for the front pin, then use a speed nut on the front pin.

This is given the plastic insert is made of unobtainium.

Of course it is unobtainium!! Thanks, both for your information and the photo. I wish I could envision how that plastic piece fits underneath the fender or the dimensions, cause I could make one out of miscellaneous plastic pieces. If by any chance anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated. C Shaft

Sometimes it surprises me how much Chrysler changed things from one year to the next. My 68's are completely different. You can see here that the part that holds it all together is built right into the bottom of it.

1642698659801.png

67s and 68 300s used the same set up -68 Newport and NYers used a different set up

Back